Experience the difference of "Elite".

default rental agreement

Julie A
Oct 28, 2019 1:15 PM
Joined Mar, 2019 22 posts

Is there any way to delete the Default rental agreement from my account so that it doesn't accidentally get sent out?

Lydia B
Oct 28, 2019 6:10 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Have you looked at "Settings" then "System Messages" then "Send Renter Agreement Form to Guest"? Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can turn that off so the automated message does not go out. I know I also did something else, but can't remember right now. I'll look - I just remember it's part of the steps to book and pay for a reservation.

Lydia B
Oct 28, 2019 6:26 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Found it! If you again look at "Settings", "branding and legal", then "form messages." I have disabled step #3 where they would sign the agreement. Beyond that, you can edit the header for each page in the process. Since I have guests sign an agreement outside of OR, I put this in the header of Step #1:

Please look over the following quote and make sure the details are correct.  When you are finished, click the button at the bottom of the page to begin finalizing your reservation.  Your dates will not be reserved until you've completed the acceptance process.  IMPORTANT:  MAKE SURE YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE RENTAL AGREEMENT BEFORE FINALIZING YOUR BOOKING.  A formal agreement will be emailed separately for your signature.  A generic rental agreement may be viewed here:  
RENTAL AGRMNT - OwnerRez.pdf

Chris Hynes
Nov 2, 2019 6:05 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Right now you've got a renter agreement template but the criteria is set to Listing Sites: None so it will never be applicable.

If you want to use that instead of the default, set it to Listing Sites: All on the criteria.

If you don't want an agreement signed at all, go to the Rules section of the property and set the Legal Agreement rule to "No agreement will be signed" -- looks like you already found this one.