Experience the difference of "Elite".

Airbnb Automated Messages Not Working

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 9:34 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 25 posts

Hi Guys, I suspected any Airbnb guest was receiving my automated messages. I asked (and pay for that) for a friend to book one of my houses and checked if received my "New Booking" email. And no... he do not received and I know it's happens with ALL bookings. I'm receiving those emails as I checked "email me" option.

Booking # ORB2239355

Please fixed ASAP because it's a main feature or tell me what I did wrong.

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 9:58 PM

When I send messages manually using "Email this Guest" button works fine. Only triggered messages (most important ones) are not delivered to Airbnb guests.

I will create a new fake manual reservation and check if messages works.

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 10:02 PM

Yes, triggered messages for manual bookings works fine.

So "only" for Airbnb not working.

Chris Hynes
Oct 24, 2019 11:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Hmm. Is this the "New Booking" email? I'm seeing that sent out for that booking to Gabriel at 8:52PM EDT today, and then opened twice, once at 8:52 PM and again at 9:23 PM. It went to the passthrough @guest.airbnb.com email address which goes to his email, not the message thread.

Is he still not seeing that email show up on his side? If not, try sending that same email template again. Both emails were sent to the same address, so I'm wondering if it's something about the specific template... maybe Airbnb is blocking that template for some reason, or perhaps they are not ready to receive email for a booking immediately after it is made.

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 11:47 PM

I guess no... its not only new booking template, I have 5 templates and no one are been delivered to @guest.airbnb.com.

Yes, to test, I send one message to @guest.airbnb.com manually.

For me it's make no sense any blocking on Airbnb side.

Also I had to re-send all checking informations email manually today. It's not good.

So how I will test it again... ??? no chances to pay more and more and block my calendar.

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 11:51 PM

Because if it's an Airbnb side block, why guests received (they ack) my "Checking Info" email when I sent it manually (using Outlook) ???

Leonardo d
Oct 24, 2019 11:52 PM

Also any UpListing Airbnb messages are shown at Airbnb Inbox on app/site. Why OwnerRez did not ?

Ken T
Oct 25, 2019 7:56 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts

This is a bit of stretch, but I notice you aren't using our Verified Sender program. That can make it less likely your messages would be tagged as spam. It would explain why some of your message are going through and some aren't - some look more "spammy" than others.

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/email-from-reply-to-verified-sender

Chris Hynes
Oct 25, 2019 8:07 AM

Well, that's my question... did it eventually come through? The New Booking email shows sent to Airbnb successfully and also opened. Did it eventually come through or not? If you send that same template now, does it go through or not? Sending a Email this Guest and a template use the same pathways and if they are both showing success like they are here the same thing happened in both cases.

We need to isolate this to what's going on. Is it associated with the email template in particular? Or is it something that happens if you send too quickly after a reservation comes through?

If you go Email this Guest, switch to the New Booking template and send that, does it come through on the Airbnb side?

Leonardo d
Oct 25, 2019 8:32 AM

Ok Ken my email is not verified, so how I can verify it ASAP please :)

manager@vacationhomes4u.com Not Verified
Email will be from oru5b14b4a77cx@inquiryspot.com with a Reply-To set to manager@vacationhomes4u.com.

Contact us directly to change this - it requires DNS verification with our email provider

Chris, it's not about specific template as ALL (I have 5) have same issue.

I'm checking with my friend what was the sender for airbnb email delivered (those I sent manually not triggered)

Chris Hynes
Oct 25, 2019 8:47 AM

OK, so even though the New Booking template was sent right after booking and shows opened twice, he didn't actually get and open it?

If you send that template again using Email this Guest in OwnerRez, does it get through now? If so, we can try to isolate things down to emails sent right after reservation.

Leonardo d
Oct 25, 2019 8:48 AM

I sent a fake email your @inquiry... sender using https://emkei.cz/ to @airbnb... guest received the email.

I don't know if this test is 100% valid... I guess yes.

Ken T
Oct 25, 2019 11:55 AM

Let's keep an eye on it for a couple of days. If you don't have any more problems, I think it'll be safe to conclude that the problem was that your emails were going into SPAM bins, and the Verified Email fixed that.

Leonardo d
Oct 26, 2019 10:54 AM

Good news! Guest received my automatically triggered email today :)

Ken T
Oct 28, 2019 9:50 AM

Great news!

For anyone else reading this who is having problems with your emails going into SPAM folders - look into Verified Email:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/email-from-reply-to-verified-sender