Experience the difference of "Elite".

Is it possible to delete a reservation?

Valerie R
Oct 22, 2019 10:44 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

I can't seem to find any instructions....

Ken T
Oct 22, 2019 12:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Do you mean, to cancel a booking?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/cancelling-a-booking

Valerie R
Oct 22, 2019 12:21 PM

No, I mean to totally delete it from the system.

When I used the Channel Bridge to bring my VRBO bookings over to OR, there are a lot of "Canceled" bookings because of either expired payment requests on VRBO inquiries or Blocks that I had entered on my VRBO calendar that I eventually "cancelled".

When I run a booking report in OR it is full of these "Cancelled" bookings, and I'd like to get rid of them.

Paul W
Oct 22, 2019 12:26 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

You cannot delete a cancelled booking. There are a variety of technical reasons for this. However, rest assured that cancelled bookings typically do not show up on lists and reports unless they are specifically included. If there is a particular report that is including them, let us know and we'll take a look. Typically you have to filter to include cancelled bookings, not filter to exclude them.

To be clear, you can delete a booking (as opposed to cancel it) if the booking is very basic and has not had any financial activity or calendar/channel syncing going on. However, once the booking gets some activity, it can no longer be deleted, only cancelled. And once cancelled, it cannot be deleted.

Valerie R
Oct 22, 2019 12:33 PM

Click the link below to see what I see when I run the Detail Reports > Bookings for one of my properties in 2018:

https://snipboard.io/vc6BCI.jpg

I'dl like to get rid of all of those CANCELLED bookings that show up on the report (for "bookings" that were not actually bookings).

Chris Hynes
Oct 23, 2019 7:16 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If you go to the Bookings List view and click the "Batch" button, you should be able to check off bookings and delete them there, as long as they aren't linked to a channel or active calendar sync.

Does that help?

Valerie R
Oct 23, 2019 11:37 PM

Thank you for the suggestion. I did not know I could view the bookings in a list like this nor about the batch option.

It does not help with my question, unfortunately, because all of those "CANCELLED" bookings that show up on the report do not show up in the bookings list.

But, I'm glad to know about this quick way to view bookings without having to look at all of those useless CANCELLED bookings that I see on the report.

Chris Hynes
Oct 24, 2019 12:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

The booking list doesn't show the canceled ones by default. To show them, use the Filter button to filter for canceled or click the Show All link to show them all.