Experience the difference of "Elite".

convert blocked dates to booking

Rich S
Oct 16, 2019 7:20 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Can't remember if I've asked about this before - when I convert a blocked period to a booking, it doesn't seem to trigger the usual 'create booking' triggers.

Can that be fixed?

It's not a huge problem because it's rare, but maybe it's an easy code fix. I rely on triggers when bookings are created to send certain information to another database where I can help track upcoming cleanings and whether I've properly set the custom field for keycodes.

Chris Hynes
Oct 18, 2019 3:47 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, right now it only runs either blocked off time created or booking created triggers. The booking isn't actually created when converted from a block (the number stays the same), just turned from a block to a booking.

Is there a reason you're going block -> booking instead of just creating a booking right off?

Rich S
Oct 19, 2019 12:46 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

@Chris Hynes - I typically block on VRBO first when I *think* I have a trip planned for myself or family (daughter lives nearby a condo). So once I set it as blocked on VRBO, it soon syncs via ical to OR. Then some day(s) later I will convert the block to a booking. Actually, before I realized that was possible I was going back to VRBO and deleting the block, then waiting on ical sync and was always worried about a guest jumping in. But in hindsight I think I could have left the block on VRBO and just deleted the block in OR and proceeded with a new booking.

It's not a huge thing, I'll just have to do some manual steps whenever I do this.