Experience the difference of "Elite".

Rate questions: hide "Rates" section on hosted website, customize rate adjustment for individual listing

Chris L
Oct 10, 2019 10:24 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

I'm using PriceLabs now (with decent success, though I still have Wheelhouse managing rates on some of my Airbnb listings and am still comparing).

As such, the default/seasonal rates basically have no bearing on any of my listings. I was going through my hosted website and noticed that the Rates section displays my seasonal rates, which can potentially cause some confusion (or even lost conversions) for guests--they may not realize that the actual rates will differ from the standard rates based on the dates. I'd get rid of them entirely, but OR (and, per your blog post, PL) doesn't really like listings without a default rate.

Also, PL only supports pricing rates up to one year out (understandable), but OR seems to allow bookings past that point by default, so I have to have some basic/default rate that appears for that. Although ideally I'd like to just globally only allow bookings up to a maximum of one year out (as nice as it would be to hold someone's money for 3 years, who knows what properties I'll own/manage at that time, ha). I can't find a global setting for this.

Last, one of my HomeAway listings fell out of the Premier Partner program due to one bad review (a guest unhappy with some temporary construction noise; she gave me a 1-star review even though I gave her a significant refund...). I'm trying to stimulate bookings for that property specifically through that channel to try to bump up the review score and get listed as a Premier Partner again.

So, 3 questions:

1) Is there a way to just entirely hide the "Rates" section on my hosted website?
2) Is there a global setting to disallow bookings more than 1 year out?
3) Is there any way to change (i.e. mark up or mark down) the rates on a *specific* property on a specific channel? I know you can adjust rates for an entire channel, but I don't want to lower the rates for all of my properties on HomeAway, only the one that I'm trying to drive bookings to.

Chris Hynes
Oct 11, 2019 11:20 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Sure thing, some answers:

1) Do you mean hiding just the Rates table on the property page? Or the Rate range per night that's displayed on the list of properties and a couple of other spots?

2) To set a max days in advance rule, go to the Rules section of each property and enter the maximum side of the "Time From Now" restriction

3) To mark up or down the rates for a specific property/listing site combination, use a Discount. Set it up so it's only applicable to that property and only applicable to HomeAway.

Chris L
Oct 11, 2019 1:25 PM

Ah, thanks.

1) Yes, I mean the rate table, because it basically doesn't apply to me (since I'm 100% using spot rates set up by PriceLabs). I'm just trying to avoid the inevitable question from a prospective guest along the lines of "it says your fall rate is $99 per night but when I submit a quote, it is $127 per night, why won't you honor the $99 rate?", etc.

2) Aha, the key is that there's no global setting but rather it must be specified in each property. Thanks for the clarification.

3) Thanks! That's a workable hack. :)

Chris Hynes
Oct 12, 2019 10:19 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, for sure. We are planning to add an option on the hosted website to turn off the table for that exact reason. In the meantime if you go to the site settings and put the following in the CSS box, it'll hide the rates table:

.multiproperty #rates,
.multiproperty #rates + table
{
display: none
}

Chris L
Oct 12, 2019 10:44 PM

Perfect, thanks! Works like a charm.

Josh D
Mar 21, 2022 3:27 PM
Joined Sep, 2021 2 posts

Hi - can you tell me if this functionality to turn off the nightly rate table was implemented and how to do that, if so?  I have recently started using Price Labs, and I have noticed that on my website, when I put in arrival and departure dates, the total displayed is correct, but the nightly rate that gets displayed is showing the range for all nights on the property, not for the nights in the booking range entered.  Therefore, the range is showing $115-$298- which seems unreasonable when shown that way.  It is only a range of about $20 if it is pulled from the booking range entered, which is much preferred.  

Thank you!

Ken T
Mar 21, 2022 9:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes, there's an option for that in the Settings of your Hosted Website - you can select how (or if) you want your rates displayed.

Jodi L
Apr 27, 2023 10:56 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 2 posts

Where is this an option to switch the view to the calendar widget only? When I change it in site settings to Calendar or even None it still displays my rate table.

Adria H
Apr 28, 2023 4:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2022 119 posts

To show/not the rates on each day of the calendar, you'd want to go into the Widgets area and find your Multiple Month Calendar Widget. Inside that widget there is a box to tick to select "show rates for each day"

Adria H
Apr 28, 2023 4:52 PM

Or might you mean that an actual rates table is showing and you want that to be eliminated? You could simply hide the rates page via your Settings>Hosted Website:
Once you tick that box, you'd have the option to disable that page & see if you like the results.

Jodi L
Apr 28, 2023 8:44 PM
Joined Apr, 2021 2 posts

No. That’s not what we are referring to. The standard rate table on the rates page that is going to blow up once I switch on pricelabs

Adria H
Apr 29, 2023 1:13 AM

Jodi: Could you write in to Help Desk so we can address your specific details?

Help@OwnerReservations.com