Experience the difference of "Elite".

Adding a PDF file to an Email Template

Tracy P
Oct 7, 2019 4:20 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 18 posts

Good day,

I am trying to link a pdf file which includes our welcome packet in an email template to go out a week before a guests arrival. Is there a way to do this? I’m pretty sure I saw it before and attempted it but the guest was unable to open the file.

Thanks!

Lydia B
Oct 7, 2019 8:26 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Hi, Tracy! I love sending files to guests. Write your info and save it as a pdf on your computer. Then go into OR and compose your template. When you get to the point in the email template which you want your pdf, look at the options at the top of the email you're writing (where you can pick your font, add bullet points, etc.). On the top line, the second option (just to the right of "Insert Field"), is the option to Upload Images or Files. Just click on that and go pick your pdf file from wherever you saved it on your computer. (Some of mine are in the middle of my messages. Others at the end. Totally up to you where you want them.)

If you were looking for a place in OR to save pdf files, I don't think there is one. But once you Upload into your template you're good to go.

Lydia B
Oct 7, 2019 8:31 PM

Guess I should have added:
If you want the same info to go out automatically to all of (or a certain subset of) your guests, go to your triggers and set it up for that email template to be sent.

jfulciniti
Oct 8, 2019 10:44 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 29 posts

My 2 cents:

I loaded the pdf files on my website. Instead of sending them the file, I send them a link to the page the files are hosted on.

example - https://jimandkelly.us/info/

That way, you keep them coming back to your site.

Janice T
Oct 9, 2019 11:47 PM
Joined Mar, 2016 63 posts

Lydia - There is a place to save files in OR. :)
In the top right corner (desktop) next to your account name, click the menu down arrow and then choose "Files". I use this feature a lot!

Lydia B
Oct 10, 2019 5:08 PM

Perfect! I'm never quite sure where to look for stuff. Thank you.