Experience the difference of "Elite".

Seasons - Check In/Out Allowed - Not "Date" Specific?

Lydia B
Oct 7, 2019 1:52 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

I was setting up a Season which requires bookings around the 4th of July to do a couple things - have a 4 night minimum and not check in or out on July 3rd, 4th or 5th. Looks like I can't set it and forget it because the "Day Restrictions" on whether check in/out is allowed will need to be changed each year. Is there a way to set DATE restrictions so the season would roll from year to year?

Also - once I set these seasons, which parts actually transfer to VRBO and ABB when I push rates?

Thanks!

BlueMtnCabins
Oct 7, 2019 2:38 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I think yes you need to set each year as 4th would fall on different day of week.

Chris Hynes
Oct 9, 2019 11:44 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, for restrictions like that you'd need a season every year because the dates are different. What's the actual rule you're trying to set? Can't check in within 2 days of a holiday?

For the channel bridge rate push, it will push the rate and min nights.

For API integrations like Airbnb and booking.com, we'll push the allowed check in/out days as well.

Lydia B
Oct 9, 2019 12:39 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Trying to make it so my cleaning folks don't have to work day before, day of and sometimes day after a holiday. So that would include check-in and check-out.

Still learning the terms: When you say "API integrations like AirBnB" does that mean for those who have 5 or more properties? Or do I get the benefit of pushing check in/out with just one rental?

THANKS!

Chris Hynes
Oct 9, 2019 12:49 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

API integration is just the general concept of that direct connection with a channel where we can manage everything via API.

HomeAway and TripAdvisor require 5 properties for API integration. Airbnb and booking.com don't have any minimums, so you can use those integrations with just one property. Airbnb API integration is in beta currently and will be released to everyone in a few weeks.

TreasureIsland
Dec 22, 2020 3:38 AM
Joined Jul, 2020 14 posts

Chris,
The purpose of your software, as I think it should be anyway, is to be able to set it and forget it. You know the days of the week that the 4th will fall out to infinity, and every other holiday for that matter based on some holiday calendar. When I push on Channel Bridge it pushes this year and next year, so holiday attributes are not a mystery. Depending on what all your customers want to do with their holidays, it would be great if we could set holiday seasons based on the holiday name rather than the holiday date. As you know some are a fixed day of the week and others float. I'm just getting started with your software with Lydia and I see myself having to go in and adjust the Monday holidays each year as well as Thanksgiving & Easter, and this makes me cringe. I ufse to be a programmer I know you can do it. My dream is to only touch rates but to never touch seasons! Let me know where I'm going wrong. Thanks.
Jeff

Tarkan C
Dec 22, 2020 5:43 AM
Joined May, 2020 65 posts

I agree things are very tricky without not having a feature like this.