Experience the difference of "Elite".

Are we able to schedule emails for future dates?

Valerie R
Oct 5, 2019 8:14 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Hello,

I am testing using OR and have not been able to find any information about the ability to schedule an email to be sent at a future date? I understand about Email Templates and that we can send an email from a booking using a template, but are we able to schedule the emails for future dates?

I have several emails for each booking that need to be sent at various times throughout the life of the booking. Can we schedule them in advance? (I am asking about emails that we might not necessarily want to set with a trigger.)

If the answer is "yes", how/where can we see those scheduled emails? Are we able to edit the queued messages?

Chris Hynes
Oct 6, 2019 6:38 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Email templates you want to go out for every booking like a 7 days before arrival welcome letter can be done as triggers.

If you want to schedule a one-off for a particular booking, go to the bottom of the Emails tab of a booking and you can use the Add Scheduled Email button to schedule them there.

Currently, these must be an email template in the system -- you can't edit the message just for a specific booking, you have to set up an email template first.

Lydia B
Oct 7, 2019 1:32 PM
Joined May, 2019 159 posts

Honestly, these triggers that send out template emails are one of THE most helpful things. I probably have 6 or 7 different emails that go to guests with confirmed reservations. Plus I've been able to write templates that are specific to winter driving or summer use of the pool, and then set the trigger to only go out based on the "season" of the reservation.

I also very much appreciate the ability to limit who gets a trigger. For instance, it's nice to be able to say someone who hasn't paid in full won't get the info on how to use our door locks or access the Wifi.

Valerie R
Oct 9, 2019 9:42 AM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

Thank you for the instructions, I'm happy to see that we can schedule "one off" emails for future dates.

The only thing I can think of that would make this even better is if we were able to edit a specific message once it has been scheduled (queued).

Chris Hynes
Oct 9, 2019 11:32 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, editing the scheduled messages is on the to-do list!