Experience the difference of "Elite".

Rates date ranges

Adrienne M
Aug 27, 2019 6:16 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 8 posts

Newbie here. I've looked through the forum and can't find info on what I'm trying to do. I know it's user error, just not sure what exactly it is. Technically i'm not supposed to rent for less than 14 days per HOA. But my low season is next to nothing since that so I want to offer 3 days min for certain seasons. I need the rate to be per night for 3-13 days. The next category is 14-28 days and then anything more than that should be at the monthly rate. Please help.
Thank you

Adrienne M
Aug 27, 2019 6:27 PM
Joined Aug, 2019 8 posts

In case above isn't clear, this is my goal:

3 day minim @ x nightly rate. Guest can book between 3-13 nights at that same rate per night

14 min @ x rate for 14 nights. Guest can book between 14-27 nights and any nights over 14 will be at a prorated per night rate. x/14= per night rate

monthly 28 day min at x rate for 28 nights. Guest can book 28+ and any nights over 28 will be prorated at per night rate x/28 = per night rate.

Ken T
Aug 28, 2019 4:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Yes. "Seasons" can overlap, and they have the ability to set minimum and maximum number of nights. And you can connect them to different rate schemas.

So you'd have the "Summer short" season with 3 day minimum and 13 day maximum. And a "Summer long" with 13 day minimum and 27 day maximum. And a "Summer month" season with 28 day minimum and no maximum. Each with rates accordingly.

Hope this helps!

E & R Vacation R
Oct 12, 2020 2:11 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

I am moving into the new rate system today, I think I am understanding this, but want to clarify.
I have two rates for my off season, a weekly that is quite high, and a monthly which is quite low. Anyone that books more than a week is charged the monthly rate because it is cheaper.
So, I need TWO seasons for the two different rates?
One for my weekly rate of 7 nights exactly ($1000)
One for my monthly rate which would be 8 nights or more? How do I get it to understand that it is $1600 for any nights from 8-31? That's where I'm confused???

Ken T
Oct 12, 2020 5:24 PM

No, you do not need to use seasons for this purpose. Instead, what you need are length-of-stay discounts:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/length-of-stay-discounts

E & R Vacation R
Oct 12, 2020 6:37 PM

I have tried the LOS discounts, but I'm not doing something right.
The monthly rate is $1600
The weekly rate is $1000
So if you stay over 11 days, you should get the monthly rate of $1600 for ANY stays over 11 nights.
Instead it is giving them the discount on ALL of the nights prior as well? Which makes it cheaper than a week's stay!
I tried to post a screen shot, but apparently I'm not able to do that.
I have a discount of $90 per night, because I thought it would do the calculation on the entirety of the rest of the month--figuring that anything over 11 days is the cost of a month. I have the criteria set at:
#of nights "greater than 11"
#of nights "less than or equal to 31"
But I realize I can't put in a LOS discount like that, now I'm not sure I am going to be able to do this, it would be so much easier to have the option of just having weekly and monthly rates, period--as that is how this particular property works.

I need a bit more direction than what you sent, I have watched the videos and understand the mechanics, just can't seem to get it to do what I need, which is, simply put, show the rate after 11 days as $1600 for ANY time up until a full month's stay.

Ken T
Oct 12, 2020 6:40 PM

There really is no good way to do it that way, as neither OwnerRez nor any of the channels is designed to work like that.

I do recall one client who "made it work" by creating a special discount that applied only if you had exactly 8 days, and another if you had exactly 9 days, and another for 10, etc. on up. They calculated the correct percentage to be applied so that the end result of the cost was always the same. Mathematically, this works, and programmatically, it works too - but gosh, what a pain to keep maintained and to track down anything that might be wrong!

E & R Vacation R
Oct 12, 2020 6:45 PM

I'll play with doing the reverse, maybe a surcharge if you stay less than a month, to equal what a week would be...I'll keep working on it somehow. I am not on any of the channels for this property at the moment, because I have two regional sites that allow me to direct book and I've snoozed Abnb and TripAdvisor. I thankfully (knock on wood) do very well with these two sites.