Experience the difference of "Elite".

BDC payments - how will this work?

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 26, 2019 10:32 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

So I had 2 properties on BDC, they were on OR channel manager/Stripe payments. I just added 3rd property to BDC (also on OR channel), but BDC put it on BDC payments. Will this work? Or the OR channel will see bookings coming from that property as "unpaid"?
Thanks

JTVRs
Aug 26, 2019 2:30 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I have booking.com take the payments, to make sure the guests actually pay. Apparently if I do it I cannot collect until they show up! We wrestle Uber getting the proper banking information set up, but they are smooth as Clockwork.

I have had multiple Airbnb client so far and haven't gotten a single payment. Have to go chase him I guess.

I'm noticing so far that Airbnb clients are skinflints and constantly seek extremely deep discounts to an inquiry. I make about twice as much for my booking.com clients over Airbnb. I'm not on VRBO or TripAdvisor yet

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 27, 2019 10:17 AM

My questions was about mixed set up 2 of my properties do not have BDC paymenst, one does. I was asking how channel can handle that?

Still to date I have had only about 4 BDC bookings.. that is 2 properties for a year.
I have opposite experience with Airbnb. Mots book without bargaining (or do not book at all) and my rates there are higher.

Ken T
Aug 28, 2019 3:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

You're using the BDC API, so OR will know when guests make payments using BDC.

Is that what you want thought? You might want to talk to BDC support about switching that third property to use your OR processor like the other 2.

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 28, 2019 5:36 PM

yes the idea is to switch to OR payments, However process is slow as molasses and it usually takes 3-4 phone calls to get anything done on BDC. I already told 3 reps that I need it switched to OR processing, and they still have not done a thing.

Ken T
Aug 29, 2019 9:33 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Unfortunately we don't have any special influence or contacts with BDC. You'll just have to keep bugging them until they get it done.