Experience the difference of "Elite".

Why you should use PriceLabs (Wheelhouse, etc) and not ABB Smart Pricing

JTVRs
Aug 7, 2019 7:17 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

So I reset my properties on ABB from my hardcoded prices to taking a flyer on ABB Smart Pricing

8ish properties there and not ONE booking in 3 days during peak season.

So I ask myself - whats wrong? I went in as a customer to see my properties. Sheesh

They are asking PEAK prices for stays the next two days. Way to catch those last minute bargain seekers.

OK, I turn off Smar Pricing and need to get PriceLabs activated!

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 9, 2019 10:50 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Every time i looked at Smart (dumb) prices on Airbnb, it is ridiculous. Like they suggest that I rent a 3 bd 2000 sq ft cabin for $100 a night. yes, sure, I will just drop everything and do it (NOT). I will rather let it sit empty than rent to low budget crowd.

Sarah H
Aug 11, 2019 11:40 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Have you set up the "rule sets" to indicate your high vs low season? I have just tried this today, eager to see what comes of it.

BlueMtnCabins
Aug 13, 2019 11:27 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I use my own seasons and prices and i generally ignore anything airbnb suggests because they are ridiculous

Paul W
Aug 13, 2019 7:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Airbnb's built-in "smart pricing" is pretty bad. I do not recommend using it. If you do use it, make sure your minimum amount is set pretty high or they will end up hitting it frequently.

FYI - on those "rule sets"... If you use Channel Bridge to push rates, we create those rule sets for you on the fly so that min. night rules are set to match OwnerRez over the course of the year. This includes where rules change for seasons or gaps.

Our upcoming API integration with Airbnb will do this automatically. No need for Channel Bridge pushes at that point.