How to delete listings

Norah H
Jul 31, 2019 5:32 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 1 post

Don't see an option to delete listings

Paul W
Jul 31, 2019 10:35 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

You can't delete properties after they have been used or reference throughout the system. For instance, if you have issued a quote or configured some property settings, the property can no longer be deleted. However, you can "disable it" instead which is basically the same thing - you will no longer see it in the interface. A true delete only works for properties that were just recently created but never used.

Alece
Aug 17, 2020 5:34 PM
Joined Jan, 2020 160 posts

Hey Paul! I have 2 properties that need to be deleted, which fit your criteria ("just recently created but never used"). I'm not finding a delete option anywhere, though -- can you point me in the right direction?

Chris Hynes
Aug 21, 2020 6:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Go to the Properties menu and click on a property. Then look in the sidebar under actions. You'll see Delete and/or Disable there.

If you only see Disable and no Delete, then there's bookings or other info keeping it from being deleted and you can only disable it.

Alece
Aug 21, 2020 6:36 PM

Yeah, that's where I'd checked and I don't have the Delete option. But I had created these duplicate listings and then immediately realized my error and attempted to delete them. I didn't edit them or push them live or receive any bookings on them. I'm at a loss as to what would have made them so they can't be permanently removed.

Chris Hynes
Aug 21, 2020 6:42 PM

Hmm. I had a quick peek at your calendar and all of them have at least some bookings or blocks. If there's anything on the calendar you can't delete the property, only disable it.

Alece
Aug 21, 2020 6:45 PM

The 2 properties in question have been disabled and renamed DELETE and DELETE 2. I can't find anything on their calendars from my end. I can't figure out what I'm missing! (Thank you -- as always! -- for your help, Chris!)

Chris Hynes
Aug 21, 2020 7:38 PM

Aha! I was looking only at active properties. I don't think you can delete disabled properties. Try re-enabling then deleting.

Alece
Aug 21, 2020 7:41 PM

I swear I tried that yesterday and there was no option to delete (which is why I ended up disabling them!) -- but lo and behold, re-enabling them now gave me the delete option. DONE!

Thanks, Chris!!!