Experience the difference of "Elite".

Use of {BCHECKIN} and {BCHECKOUT}

Rich S
Jul 13, 2019 4:27 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

I've seen various results using this custom field, sometimes with the at xx:yy PM and sometimes without.

Am I using the wrong field? I would like the actual time to always be presented in the email.

My template:
Arrival:            {BARRDAY}  {BARR} at {BCHECKIN}
Departure:      {BDEPDAY}  {BDEP}  at {BCHECKOUT}

Results from the last three time the automated email was sent
Arrival:            Thursday  Jul 11, 2019 at Standard Check-in
Departure:      Monday  Jul 15, 2019  at Standard Check-out

Arrival:            Thursday  Jul 11, 2019 at Early Check-in at 12:00 PM
Departure:      Monday  Jul 15, 2019  at Standard Check-out

Arrival:            Saturday  Jul 13, 2019 at Standard Check-in at 4:00 PM
Departure:      Wednesday  Jul 17, 2019  at Standard Check-out at 10:00 AM

Chris Hynes
Jul 13, 2019 5:45 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

To put a value in there always, go to the Rules section of the property and set the default check-in and check-out times.

Those merge fields look at the times set on booking, and if a time isn't set on the booking they fall back to the property. If no time is set on the property, then it'll say "Standard". As long as you've got a time on the property it will show that instead of "Standard".

Also note the field you're using does include the "early check-in" language if applicable where the booking time is different from the property time. If you're using that field you may want to rearrange it a bit so the sentence reads better, like:

{BCHECKIN} on {BARRDAY} {BARR}

which would show

Early Check-in at 12:00 PM on Thursday Jul 11, 2019

Or else if you always want the time and don't want to denote early/late here use the {BCHECKINTIME} and {BCHECKOUTTIME} fields which only show the time.

Rich S
Jul 13, 2019 6:39 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

That worked - makes sense, and thanks for the quick response !!

Jennifer E
Jul 5, 2020 4:36 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 1 post

Where do I change the check in and check out time that is used by {BCHECKIN} and {BCHECKOUT}?

Paul W
Jul 6, 2020 1:36 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

@Jennifer: On the property rules. Find a property > drill in > Rules tab > Change button > scroll down.