Experience the difference of "Elite".

PriceLabs - any issues with doing this?

JTVRs
Jul 11, 2019 9:16 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

In this PL setup URL: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/pricelabs

You say: "WARNING: discounts are still applied with spot rates. If you use a pricing tool to set spot rates, make sure to remove any last minute discounts etc. so you don't double discount."

"pricing tool" - you mean PriceLabs or something else??

discounts applied with spot rates - like on a listing site or OR?

not sure what exactly this sentence means.

Chris Hynes
Jul 12, 2019 8:55 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Discounts combine with any spot rates you set. PriceLabs (and other pricing tools which we do not yet support) operate by setting spot rates in OwnerRez. Spot rates are nightly rates that override seasonal rates, but they do not override surcharges and discounts.

For example, say you've got a discount that kicks in for last minute bookings of 30% off if arrival is < 10 days away. That discount is going to apply to the spot rates. So if PriceLabs is including a last minute discount in the rates they push to OwnerRez, you don't also want a rules based discount in OwnerRez because you'll be double discounting.

JTVRs
Jul 12, 2019 4:30 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

The only thing I plan to do, is set up all prices within PriceLabs per my various specifications and have it determine all prices entering OR and then onto BDC, TA, BDC, ABB.

No seasonal, special, discount, events or other rates on OR or listing sites. I don't want to add the chances of confusion or dissonance.

Perhaps this is naive?

Paul W
Jul 16, 2019 5:49 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Not naive. Seems right to me. PriceLabs should factor in last minute rate drops on their side already. They may have settings now that help you raise/lower that too, or at least put your finger on the scale a bit.