Experience the difference of "Elite".

Channel connection - AirBnB

JTVRs
Jul 11, 2019 8:55 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

OK, I put my properties on AirBnB (was definitely easier than BDC).

I believe you said AirBnB integration is targeted for September. ("Will I see you, in September...")

Can you tell me precisely what I should do now to get the AirBnB properties (IDs) to be recognized by OwnerRez? (So I dont double book and can use PriceLabs?). I am assuming Channel Bridge will be part of the answer - I have not used it yet.

And then what I should do differently once integration happens? Will it overwrite my work in ABB? Will there be a hiccup that could cause issues, etc?

Chris Hynes
Jul 12, 2019 9:01 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

For the Airbnb calendars, use our calendar sync to keep everything updated automatically: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/calendar-sync

Once you have some bookings, you'd run channel bridge to import the bookings and it'll help you map the property id's at that point: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-bridge

PriceLabs has it's own separate support for pushing rates to Airbnb -- you'll have PriceLabs connected to both Airbnb and OwnerRez.

When we release the official Airbnb API support in September, you'll turn off the old channel and create a new channel of that type -- it won't be an automatic switchover that would overwrite things in Airbnb. At that point you'll have the option of updating everything including listing content from OwnerRez (like HomeAway) or just rates and availability (like BDC). You'll also be able to drop the extra Airbnb channel on PriceLabs and just keep the OwnerRez connection because we will be pushing the rates to Airbnb at that point.

JTVRs
Jul 12, 2019 4:23 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

"You'll also be able to drop the extra Airbnb channel on PriceLabs and just keep the OwnerRez connection because we will be pushing the rates to Airbnb at that point."

Meaning that PriceLabs just updates on OR and you do all the price pushing, I assume?

Paul W
Jul 16, 2019 5:50 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

JTVRs said:

Meaning that PriceLabs just updates on OR and you do all the price pushing, I assume?

Right.