Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting up automatic replies

Sarah H
Jul 9, 2019 9:47 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I am looking for an article that explains automatic replies.

I am looking to generate automatic replies, especially for VRBO reservations or inquiries.

Also, I am looking to get a phone to give to my service guy that will allow him to be able log in with. Does that need to be an iPhone or Android? Does it matter? Looking for recommendations on what type of phone would provide the best mobile experience. He does not he a computer or email (yet). What is the best phone for him to basically see the calendar ribbon view that I give him permission for.

Chris Hynes
Jul 9, 2019 8:42 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

For automatic replies, what are you trying to do exactly?

For inquiries, you can set up an autoresponder in OwnerRez but that's limited because VRBO doesn't allow you to send quotes or links through email before a booking anymore.

For bookings, you can do triggers on booking created for a "thanks for booking". But be careful with those because guests can get confused if they just also got one from VRBO.

Or are you talking about something like a 7 days before arrival welcome letter? Here's an article on that: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/pre-arrival-email-templates-triggers-custom-fields. Booking created triggers will be similar to that but on the booking created event.

We support both iPhone and Android as long as it's got a browser version within the past year or two. Any phone will work, bigger screens are better. We do responsive UI so it will adapt to smaller screens but the bigger ones can see more at once so it's worth getting something at least medium sized.

Sarah H
Jul 12, 2019 10:25 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Great question Chris. I am trying to send that "7" day out email automatically. I typically send a note the day prior that includes the door code. I would like to send a note to remind of checkout.

Paul W
Jul 16, 2019 5:48 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 826 posts

That will work, Joe. You can create as many triggers as you want. You need to create the email template (for what the trigger will send) prior to creating the trigger.