Experience the difference of "Elite".

Email templates sometimes format oddly

Monica R
Jul 7, 2019 11:34 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

I have created a comprehensive "things to do in Hayesville" custom email template which has rich text formatting as well as some outbound links to local restaurants, shops, etc.

I notice that no matter what I do under the "edit" function, when I save it, there is one section where I can't get it to create a new paragraph. It looks really strange, (and oddly it only shows up this way in the actual PREVIEW, but not while editing), but I can't figure out how to fix it. Ideas welcome!

Thanks!
Monica

Chris Hynes
Jul 8, 2019 12:15 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Sometimes when you paste things in to the email editor, a bunch of junk formatting comes along. We could restrict this by limiting down to only a couple of formatting options, but right now it's a pretty open editor because we want to give you full control.

To fix this, there are a couple of things you can do:

1) Use the Clear Formatting button to get rid of all of the formatting and then color only the parts you need:

2) When pasting, hit Ctrl+Shift+V which will paste text only, unformatted

I went ahead and cleaned out the extra formatting on that email template. Are you able to modify the paragraphs now?

Monica R
Jul 8, 2019 3:32 PM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

Thank you!! So far, it appears that when I go in and make changes, then hit SAVE, and then hit PREVIEW, the changes are sticking!

Thanks again Chris! :o)

Monica