Experience the difference of "Elite".

Can My Guest Change the Credit Card Number For An Automated Balance Payment?

Monica R
Jul 7, 2019 10:19 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 86 posts

I have a guest who is doing a two-pay for his upcoming stay. His second payment is due tomorrow (Monday 7/8/19) and the system sent him the automated reminder that his card will be automatically charged. The issue is that he is trying to close that credit card account, and he'd like to use a different card in the automated transaction.

Is there a way that I can send him a link so HE can change the card information so I don't ever see his credit card number?

Thanks!
Monica

Chris Hynes
Jul 7, 2019 10:35 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep! Go to the Transactions tab of the booking and hit the Request button to get a dropdown of financial things you can request from the guest.

Send him the Request New Credit Card form and he'll be able to enter new card info and update scheduled payments and secdeps to use the new card

Monica R
Jul 7, 2019 10:45 AM

THANK YOU!! I thought I was going to have to change it manually, but that link makes it really easy!

Monica

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 8, 2019 11:02 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Yep. I have an auto triggered email that is sent 7 days before balance payment is due. It has payment link and also verbiage that if guests wants to use another card, they can use link and enter it. Else, their balance will be automatically charged on X date to the card on file. AUTOMATE!!

Monica R
Jul 8, 2019 5:24 PM

Wait... the link they use to pay the balance is the same link that they'd use to switch their credit card info?

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 9, 2019 8:42 AM

Yes. They can switch card if they want to.

BlueMtnCabins
Jul 9, 2019 8:43 AM

they can also share the link among family members in case they want to split the payments among them.