Experience the difference of "Elite".

BDC... early check-in requests.

JTVRs
Jul 3, 2019 3:49 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

As I had mentioned, I had a Booking.com person requested a check in 5 or 6 hours early. He is from an hour away. I didn't respond, so he used my 4-Hour free cancellation feature. Probably a good thing that he canceled.

Anyway, my second booking.com person who now is in the no cancellation period, texted to see if he could check in two to three hours early. I declined and said I need the time for cleaning. In the future, I would plan to respond with an hourly charge if not same day turn over, and "no" if it is.

Two bookings, too early check-in requests. My check-in is 6 p.m., but with 7 units I need time between check-out and check-in. I just did not anticipate that high a frequency early on.

Chris Hynes
Jul 4, 2019 5:32 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, I've seen a lot of early/late requests with booking.com and also Airbnb. What I do on mine is to allow it provisionally if its under two weeks away but let them know in no uncertain terms that if somebody else books I'll remove that early or late option on their booking.

I also give them the option to block off the entire night before or after for a 50% of a night fee.

So that gives them a choice -- either pay the money and know their time is guaranteed or don't and they may be subject to a last minute chance if another guest is coming in.

JTVRs
Jul 4, 2019 6:50 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Interesting. I was hoping to eventually offer a discount if they took an unbooked day before or after their stay. I don't really want to get into the $15 per hour early or late checkin for people who try to abuse their time. Have you automated the scenario above? I admit that I still do not know how some of your functionality works like that.

Sarah H
Jul 4, 2019 10:06 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I really like that option. We are a weekend heavy business. I may actually start trying to encourage an additional day manually at a discounted rate. Could I automatically send that request via OR?

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 5:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, there's a trigger criteria for gap nights so you can create a template and trigger that will send it out automatically at a given day before arrival: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/fill-gap-hole-nights