Experience the difference of "Elite".

First booking, first ad!

JTVRs
Jun 28, 2019 1:46 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Got a 2-day booking from booking.com that hasn't canceled yet. Bit of a shock, I clicked on a story about that girl who cannot be found in Utah and there was my property "most important vacation rental in the USA in the booking.com ad!

Chris Hynes
Jul 1, 2019 9:43 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Awesome! Yep, booking.com can result in cancellations, but we try to make those as automated and painless as possible.

As long as you've got strict policies set, the bookings that do stick are worth it.

Sarah H
Jul 4, 2019 10:07 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Not on BDC yet, but this sounds interesting. Can OR generate the BDC listing using information from ABB or VRBO?

JTVRs
Jul 5, 2019 12:15 AM

I think not

Sarah H
Jul 5, 2019 10:19 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Ok. Would that be the same for ABB/VRBO? Is that all manual set up initially required?

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 6:03 PM

HomeAway, TripAdvisor, CanadaStays we can create listings for automatically. BDC we cannot create listings for automatically (yet) -- you have to configure that on the BDC site first and then connect to the listing in OwnerRez.

Airbnb will be able to create listings for automatically once we complete API integration with them (ETA September).

JTVRs
Jul 5, 2019 6:32 PM

Setting up booking.com with a bear. I put in 7 properties and I had to repeat some stuff over and over again. But where I want the money deposited and the fact of Summer on the same building etc etc. And sometimes I selected amenities or other features and I go back in and they were unchecked so I had to redo it.

JTVRs
Jul 5, 2019 6:34 PM

I am assuming that if I made a lot of selections, ownerez is not going to overwrite them is it?

I put a lot of sweat and getting booking.com set up just right. I want the option of deciding whether not ownerrez overwrites all the check boxes

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 7:02 PM

Yep, that'll be an option when we do support pushing content for BDC down the road. BDC and Airbnb both will have toggles where you can choose to push rates & availability only or everything. TA and HA require everything to be pushed (there is no way to do a partial rates & availability only push for those, so that's all we offer on those channels).