Experience the difference of "Elite".

PayPal

JTVRs
Jun 9, 2019 9:19 AM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Does anyone use PayPal as an additional payment method (I am a heavy "Pay with PayPal" user)? I just got approved from Lynnbrook.

I am trying to keep it simple in the beginning, but not sure if setting up a PayPal biz account adds much value in the beginning. I don't want any hard pulls on my credit if they do a background check. Already have several this year and I want to buy another property in winter...

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 10, 2019 3:48 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

yes. Using regular paypal account.

JTVRs
Jun 10, 2019 5:40 PM

do you find much demand or preference for it?

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 10, 2019 8:32 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

It happens a few times a year but not an overwhelming number of people use it. .

Paul W
Jun 11, 2019 5:26 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

If your users are willing to use credit cards (your not in a market where that is difficult like some countries) then it's best not to use PayPal. We wrote up an article about that here:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/paypal-versus-credit-card-processing

PayPal really offers not advantage and lots of disadvantages. The only advantage would be if you're trying to serve a rental market where CC's aren't common or people don't want to use them or it's a country that is hard to get underwritten for CC.

JTVRs
Jun 11, 2019 6:11 PM

It is more for the type of person who doesn't like to put their credit card details online and would prefer to just pay now with PayPal. I do that a lot, for small purchases. I can't use my personal PayPal oh, because I am using an LLC and that would be commingling funds and could ruin the limited liability

Paul W
Jun 13, 2019 9:07 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Yes, but if PayPal is not offered as an option, would you refuse to buy from that vendor rather than use a credit card? Unlikely, particularly with a vacation rental that you want that is available and covers the amenities you're looking for.

JTVRs
Jun 13, 2019 11:43 AM

It is very possible that the person who buys merchandise off a website has a different mindset than someone booking a hotel/vac rental.

I don't have experience in this yet, so I am just trying to get my arms around all the process steps that seem applicable.