Experience the difference of "Elite".

Cleaning/surcharge

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 6:32 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

In setting up a cleaning fee/surcharge, I was hoping to have a base cleaning fee such as 1 day, and a small percentage for additional days beyond

In other words if I did say a 9% fee to capture an offseason booking, I only make about $30 for a $300 5-bedroom townhome. But if I charge $90 like I would for 3-4 days, it is almost ridiculous.

I was hoping to have a minimum cleaning amount (say $50-60), and then a 9% for additional days to reflect the additional cleaning from a lengthier stay...

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 7:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I would recommend a standard cleaning fee -- anything you do with custom logic like that would be only applicable to OwnerRez because the OTA's only recognize standard flat amount cleaning fees.

In most cases, you want to charge more for a shorter stay because there's less nightly charges to defray the cost of the turn. If you're really worried about a $90 fee, make it $50 and then add $5 to your nightly rates.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 8, 2019 8:30 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I would suggest KISS method. cleaning fee should be flat because if you plant to use OTAs, they only support flat cleaning fee. What you can do is change max cleaning fee, and create a discount based on season and number of days to offset the fee, if you wish.

Generally, the fewer line items your quotes have, the more straightforward they are, the better. People do not like to have to decipher complex quotes.