Experience the difference of "Elite".

is this pricing correct?

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 6:13 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Cannot seem to delete a surcharge: "AirBnB Commission/Extenuating Circumstances Charge"

(Was trying to consolidate a couple charges into a new "Admin Fee" surcharge)

getting error message:
Change 'AirBnB Commission/Extenuating Circumstances Charge' Settings
Please correct the errors below.
You cannot delete this surcharge because there are quote charges associated with it.

--->
But I deleted any quotes, so not get it...? Aren't such changes instantly reflected throughout the system?

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 7:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I forced the delete on that surcharge.

Robert P
7 days ago
Joined Aug, 2023 23 posts

I have the same problem.  I added pricing for 2026, and EIGHT new surcharges were mysteriously created with a 2026 label on them, and associated with new seasons during the 2026 year.  I was able to delete seven of them, but it won't let me delete the last one.

The error message I get is "You cannot delete this surcharge because there are booking charges associated with it."  I can't find any bookings with this surcharge used, nor could I find any quotes with it used, and there is no way to search quotes or bookings for a particular surcharge, so I don't know where the problem is coming from.

As I type this, It occurs to me that I could disable the surcharge so that guests won't see it on their booking forms (Update: that worked), but it is a weird kind of bug that adds unwanted surcharges to new seasons when they are created.

Caleb M
4 days ago
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 120 posts

In most cases we recommend disabling over deleting in any case, however if you're still looking to have that surcharge be deleted, please email in to our helpdesk and we can take a closer look at what is holding it up for you.