Experience the difference of "Elite".

security deposit

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 5:13 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

OK, so if someone has done the payments from booking on, and the attempt fails to put on the hold for security deposit right before they check-in, and they wont fix this, what does the OR process/software do at that point?

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 8, 2019 5:23 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

software cannot do anything if the card they provided is bad / overlimit. It will send them and you email saying that deposit could not be collected.

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 5:53 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Soooo. they cannot give deposit and I keep their money? There is so many people running around maxing out their cards, that I am trying to grasp likely scenarios. They show up at my door having paid but no security possibly collected and I should do what?

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 7:53 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

If a scheduled secdep hold fails, OwnerRez'll send you an email notifying you that the deposit failed, and send the guest an email with a link to fix it. Usually people are good about fixing it themselves.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 8, 2019 8:20 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

JTVRs said:

Soooo. they cannot give deposit and I keep their money? There is so many people running around maxing out their cards, that I am trying to grasp likely scenarios. They show up at my door having paid but no security possibly collected and I should do what?

They get an email. It is up to you to set up in a way that is secdep is not reserved, do not send them door code / address (i.e they cannot just show up). It can be all controlled by triggers. I do not send the door code until fully paid, and rental agreement is on file (I do not use credit card hold secdep) - all via trigger set up. Also as stated above you and guest get the email to fix their deposit, it is your job to follow up if need be.