Experience the difference of "Elite".

Reserve With Google

JTVRs
Jun 7, 2019 2:12 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I am on the Reserve with Google page: https://www.google.com/maps/reserve/partners

This lists developer documentation, interest form, and company logos that currently enable booking ability, and those that are Coming Soon

There seem to be experiences, massages, restaurants here.

I believe that vacation rentals are currently done via Airbnb, vrbo, etc and not direct yet

But it would be good for your to get out on front of this, and at least review the developer stuff above. It might be something that comes soon or eventually...

JTVRs
Jun 7, 2019 2:16 PM

On their blog - partners are listed such as a competitor: RentalsUnited

https://www.blog.google/products/flights-hotels/find-and-book-vacation-rentals-on-google/

"Starting with our mobile experience, you can see and book vacation rentals from a variety of partners including Expedia, HomeAway, Hotels.com, NextPax, RedAwning, Rentals United, TripAdvisor, VRBO and more. In the hotel search experience, you can surface vacation rental properties—be it a cabin in Lake Tahoe or a beach house in Sydney—by applying the vacation rentals filter or clicking on the vacation rentals tip."

Chris Hynes
Jun 8, 2019 4:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We're monitoring these channels and will add them to the roadmap as they mature.

In the meantime... HomeAway, booking.com etc. already distribute you on Google Hotels.

The Reserve With Google you mentioned is currently for intraday things like haircut appointments, not multi-day bookings.

JTVRs
Jun 8, 2019 4:40 PM

yea, I noticed that. experiences, restaurants, massages, etc.

how is rentalsunited working with them?

And the fact that homeaway and others can book us through the google hotels thing is no use for direct bookings.

But the longterm direction has to be putting together packages with hotels/VRs, flights, car rentals, experiences, etc...

So I expect them to merge also.

I will be doing tours next year, which will be part of our destination spa. Vac rentals, spa services, wellness, tours, classes, etc.

I consider getting a couple thousand people through our vacation rentals as a captive source of potential clients for the other stuff. So the