Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting Check-in and Check-out times for erental lock codes

Stacy S
Jun 4, 2019 11:09 AM
Joined Feb, 2019 31 posts

I had my settings for all day on check-in days and check-out days. Guests are ignoring our policy and just entering the house early without permission. Because of this, I need to update my codes for specific times on those days. The option in OR code generation is "all day" or at check in or check out times with a grace period. I don't see where I can set the times and I don't see where it could be a permanent setting on ERL for the automatic code generation. Anyone else figure this out?

Thanks for any help!

Chris Hynes
Jun 4, 2019 11:29 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Sure thing, go over to the Rules section of each property and you can set the check in and check out times there. That'll set the default times for the property, and then you can override specific bookings to set early or late and a time.

All of that will be picked up by the lock integration and used to generate the code for the appropriate time (and you can also reference those values on email templates, so you can write "Check in is at {BCHECKINTIME} on {BARR} and your door code is {BDOORCODE}".

Stacy S
Jun 4, 2019 11:35 AM

Thanks so much, Chris! So if I set those rules and regenerate the codes, the new rules will apply to the new codes?

Stacy S
Jun 4, 2019 11:37 AM

Okay, so I did have those rules in place. It looks like I just needed to switch the code generation setting to the check-in/check-out option instead of all day. Fingers crossed!

Paul W
Jun 5, 2019 12:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 826 posts

Stacy S said:

Thanks so much, Chris! So if I set those rules and regenerate the codes, the new rules will apply to the new codes?

Yes, the new code will be generated according to the rules/settings currently set at the time you click the generate button.

Still Waters
Jul 24, 2020 2:36 AM
Joined Jun, 2019 4 posts

Along the same lines...how do we set which days a guest can check in....like force a Saturday check in