Experience the difference of "Elite".

Any regular AirBnB user

JTVRs
Jun 2, 2019 4:54 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

On forums, I often see complaints that AirBnB hosts get delisted suddenly, often without explanation.

In such a case, is it possible to group properties under several Accounts, rather than 1? Would that make no difference?

Is there a complexity in doing that from OwnerRez?

Julie B
Jun 4, 2019 10:12 PM
Joined Feb, 2017 12 posts

We have over 20 properties on AirBnB through OR. No problem here!

JTVRs
Jun 4, 2019 10:13 PM

This didn't state whether you were able to group your own VRs under several Airbnbs or not (that was the question)

Chris Hynes
Jun 4, 2019 10:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

No complexity in having multiple accounts on the OwnerRez side. We've got many people that manage separate accounts, cohost, etc.

Now, as for delisting, I'm not sure that's a good reason to set up multiple Airbnb accounts... I've heard stories about how arbitrary the process can be that but I'm not sure if multiple Airbnb accounts would help you. Maybe it would, but unless you completely separate the accounts (use a VPN, different names/emails/bank accounts etc) it wouldn't be hard for them to tie your accounts together. And going through the effort to do that splitting could possibly trigger fraud filters on the other side.

Definitely want to diversify, but I'd push for diversifying across multiple channels vs having multiple accounts per channel.

JTVRs
Jun 5, 2019 2:20 PM

Thanks Chris. Yeah I already intend to FlipKey and HomeAway and booking.com and Craigslist. I cannot convince myself any other listing site / OTA is worth the effort. Except ones that send directly to my website obviously.

I am intrigued by the Expedia group (Orbitz, etc) outside of HomeAway or VRBO, but just not really sure how integrated that is with the others

Just seeking every advantage as I am a week or two away from starting and I prefer best practices and risk reduction

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 5, 2019 8:42 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

If they delist me, I will say goodbye to them. They are not worth the trouble. only 10-12% of my bookings and 50% of difficult renters

JTVRs
Jun 6, 2019 11:19 AM

BlueMtnCabins said:

If they delist me, I will say goodbye to them. They are not worth the trouble. only 10-12% of my bookings and 50% of difficult renters

I assume you were referring to ABB. To reduce the difficult renters, I only accept people without negative reviews. Can't remember exactly. And I do a background check, requesting to remove those with issues. On booking.com, I ask higher rate, to reflect risk that you cannot screen.

BlueMtnCabins
Jun 6, 2019 2:07 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

Yes airbnb . They are just difficult. Do not follow directions, do not read anything, assume everything, hard to please. I have my rates on airbnb about 10% higher and on b.com 15% higher.