Experience the difference of "Elite".

Early Check-In/bag dropoff.

JTVRs
May 31, 2019 9:33 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Something that would be useful, is email templates/triggers which give some kind of control over the Early Check-In logic. This may exist, but not sure how to do or synthesize. For example

If some one checks in the same day that another checks out ==> no early check-in or early bag drop-off is possible.

If not ==> early check-in/bag drop off possible. 1) perhaps with advance request. 2) perhaps payment required for either.

It would be useful to direct an email template/trigger based on this.

Perhaps even a switch or custom code that is/is not possible within an email template?

Chris Hynes
Jun 1, 2019 5:59 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can see these visually on the calendar because of the red lines at the beginning or end of a booking respectively, but we don't currently have rules based logic on them. We may do some rules at some point, but once you do programmatic logic you have to handle every single case of which there are many for check in/out.

What I do on my properties is this:
- If the guest requests early check-in/late check-out, I give them the option to pay 50% night fee to lock that in. If they do, I'll block off that night.
- If not, I'll tell them to check back within 2 weeks of arrival to see if it's still available. If it is, I'll mark it as early or late, but tell them that could change if another guest books the night.