Experience the difference of "Elite".

Pet Agreement

AlpenglowChalet
May 16, 2019 11:43 AM
Joined May, 2019 1 post

Is there a way to get a signed pet agreement but only to those guests who have pets? Excuse me if the answer is obvious. I'm new here. Hi everyone!!

Cindy Wheeler

JTVRs
May 16, 2019 12:44 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I cannot imagine a way to make that happen automatically reliably.

It would likely have to be done similarly to your rental agreement, through a trigger and a template.

But I am sure Chris or Paul will illumine shortly

Chris Hynes
May 16, 2019 1:21 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, there are a couple ways to do this. Most people just add a few paragraphs to their standard agreement that refer to "if pets are included" and show the pet count.

You can also set up a separate pet legal agreement template if you want. Then either go to the Legal tab of booking and request an additional signature on that.

If you want to set up a trigger to send that automatically you can do that as well. It'll definitely work for direct bookings, but keep in mind that for listing site bookings, many don't send pet counts, or send a single "has pets" flag which we treat as one pet.

MB
Aug 29, 2019 8:14 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 23 posts

Hi, Chris -- and anyone who has successfully done this.

I'm working on automation for my pet approval/contract... which for me is a 2 part process.

1. I require a completed pet questionaire for pet approval.

2. Once that is complete I require a separate pet contract.

Is the best way to do this to add additional fields to my booking page for the pet questionnaire? I have not tried that in the past. How would that work for HA/VRBO/ABB bookings?

And once I receive that info, I would trigger a separate contract? How would that trigger work? When I look at the regular email triggers, I don't see my legal documents as options. I do know that I can go to 'legal' under each reservation and send them manually.

TIA

Chris Hynes
Aug 31, 2019 9:30 AM

Yes, you can add custom fields that will be entered during quote or signature process: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance. However, right now those fields are going to always show -- there's no way to show them whether there is a pet or not, so if you want to make them required you'd put (or N/A if no pet) in the description.

For channel bookings, you can create a trigger that'll go out with the renter agreement signature link in it: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/airbnb-request-for-contact-info-real-email-address-and-signed-renter-agreement -- that one shows Airbnb, but HomeAway and VRBO are similar. However for HA/VRBO, you'll have to run the channel bridge to populate the email address and send the create trigger -- unless you're on API mode, where it will happen automatically.

In terms of a second contract, you'd need to send that manually -- there's no way to do logic like "send this one if there are pets". Or what we see a lot of folks do is combine the agreements together and write in the agreement "pet addendum only applies for pets"

MB
Aug 31, 2019 12:30 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 23 posts

If I want to have the pet approval form completed (a list of questions with fill in the blank answers) after booking rather than during checkout, what's the most seamless way to do that?

Chris Hynes
Sep 6, 2019 12:24 PM

The questions will display for every agreement right now -- there's not a way to do separate custom fields for different agreements.