Experience the difference of "Elite".

Amenities

JTVRs
May 5, 2019 1:42 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

This is strange:

"Deck/Patio (uncovered)"

"Lanai/Gazebo (covered)"

Where the heck is porch - (covered)?? 80% of the older homes in Pennsylvania seem to have this! As in that thing with a roof you pass through via the front or back entrance? That either is open or may have screens/windows? I certainly don't call it a Lanai or Gazebo!!!

OK - below. No one here calls is a veranda. Can you at least do "Veranda/Porch (covered)"? Not sure why it is deemphasized. A lot more people have a porch than a gazebo!

JTVRs
May 5, 2019 9:33 PM

Also odd - strange choices/wording for sports.

tennis - checkbox
golf - walkable
skiing - nonexistent (but snow sports gear is there)
hunting - nonexistent
Boat available
kayak/canoe - didnt we just say boat above?
Lawn sports - nonexistent (volleyball, badminton, croquet, etc)
trampoline - an insurance nightmare

JTVRs
May 5, 2019 9:39 PM

what the heck is a Raclette?

Do people really offer a lobster pot that much worldwide?

Why the above two and not a Pots and Pans field?

Why is refrigerator and freezer separate? All my freezers are part of the refrigerator as probably 95% of the world is. Why does someone staying 3 days need a separate freezer? Why not combine as Refrigerator/Freezer (I know, that is probably how the OTAs do it...)

Why is there no Fire Pit?

Paul W
May 9, 2019 9:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Yeah, these are mostly based on how the OTA show/do things. Our original list came from that and then was added to and refined as we integrated with other channels. We want to develop a more sane master list and then do channel mapping so that you can which OR amenity goes with which HA/TA/B.com amenity, but that's not supported yet. Same with description/headline fields too.

JTVRs
May 9, 2019 2:57 PM

I am just pointing out that the amenities are often illogical, unclear, not standardized, favoring rare stuff (raclette, lobster pot) and leaving out common stuff (porch, fire pit) , etc.

Allow customization also (horseshoe pit/quaits)

start perhaps with amenities/real estate features from hotel/real estate/camping sites that are fairly standard (at least for USA/Canada).

Chris Hynes
May 9, 2019 10:36 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yes, we may add custom amenities at some point. Problem is, they'll only work on your own site and won't push to channels... as the channels have no mapping ability for custom amenities.

The amenities we have now are the union of all amenities supported by the channels we integrate with, and yes, some of those are rather eclectic.