Experience the difference of "Elite".

Email Templates - text?

JTVRs
Apr 24, 2019 10:24 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Is it possible to have templates go to text instead of/as well as email?

Chris Hynes
Apr 25, 2019 6:48 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Currently the only way to do that is if you have an email to SMS gateway and use that in the email TO.

We're working on direct SMS integration which is due out this summer.

JTVRs
Apr 25, 2019 9:02 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Email to sms gateway, not sure what that is

I am assuming that it will be designed to universally designed to work on any chat app... What's App, Messenger, etc. Not an expert on that.

Tim K
Apr 26, 2019 12:28 PM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

JTVRs said:

Email to sms gateway, not sure what that is

I am assuming that it will be designed to universally designed to work on any chat app... What's App, Messenger, etc. Not an expert on that.

email to sms would basically be a service that converts email to text messages and sends them out. You'd put an email address into OR and the gateway would receive the email, pull out the relevant details and send it to the desired phone # via sms text.

I doubt OR is building a universal text option that would work with all systems, I don't think such a thing is even possible with so many proprietary messaging apps. I am pretty sure it will be a standard SMS based text that works based on typical cell phone text messaging.

Terry L
Feb 10, 2020 2:29 PM
Joined Sep, 2017 8 posts

The direct text option that was due out in 2012 has it been released yet and if so how do I use it

Ken T
Feb 11, 2020 4:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Unfortunately no it has not - but I don't think it was ever due out in 2012. It was hoped for last year, but the Airbnb API integration got priority. We're hoping to have it this year.

Paul W
Jul 23, 2020 9:10 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Make sure to read this:
https://www.ownerrez.com/blog/product-updates-hosted-header-styles-menu-buttons-links-condensed-view-fixes-pool-icon-sms-sees-limited-daylight