Experience the difference of "Elite".

Email Templates & Triggers?

JTVRs
Apr 23, 2019 9:01 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I have a few questions related to Email Templates (& Triggers)

The following link is about emailing an Agreement to someone via AirBnB using a real email address
a) is there something unique about AirBnB and not the other OTAs? e.g., if they do not supply the guest email address either?
b) when set up, how exactly does the signing (by all guests as required) + getting this agreement back + having it stored within OR work?
c) how is this supposed to be set up so it gets the agreement back within the right time (like, within 24-48 hours)? And perhaps cancel the booking if they dont?

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/airbnb-request-for-contact-info-real-email-address-and-signed-renter-agreement

Chris Hynes
Apr 25, 2019 7:27 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

a) There's nothing unique about the signing process for Airbnb -- you can use the same method with other channels like TripAdvisor and booking.com that give you the platform email to send a signature link and get the real email address and the signature.

The only thing unique about Airbnb is they include that email address on the iCal -- the other channels need API integrated or channel bridge to get that email.

b) The signature process via the trigger and {BULEASE} link is exactly the same as if you went to a booking's Legal tab and did a request e-signature. They'll enter contact info and sign, and then the signed .PDF is emailed to the guest, to you, and stored on the booking's Legal tab.

Normally folks only require the responsible/booking individual to sign, but you can send multiple links if you want.

c) You can query the booking List to see booking date and whether the agreement is signed. You could also create a reminder template/trigger to yourself to follow up if they haven't signed in a certain period after booking, and then contact/cancel as needed.

JTVRs
Apr 25, 2019 8:48 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

"Normally folks only require the responsible/booking individual to sign, but you can send multiple links if you want."

Okay, thanks. I am still a few weeks away from actually being in the market. I know a lot, but it is still theoretical.

I have not actually LOOKED at how exactly it is appears when sent to guest. I assume it requests the full name of all adults, at least...

Chris Hynes
Apr 26, 2019 8:12 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I'd recommend creating a test quote and booking with yourself as a guest -- that way you'll see the entire process.

It only requires the signing party, but you can add custom fields to capture more info about other guests: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/capture-additional-fields-on-checkout-quote-acceptance