Experience the difference of "Elite".

Tripz.com

James R
Apr 23, 2019 4:31 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 4 posts

Has anyone used Tripz.com? Any issues syncing calendars?? Thanks!

JTVRs
Apr 23, 2019 7:08 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

1) I would imagine that it would be pointing to your website rather than being treated like AirBnB or HomeAway. (guessing?) So if you have a website, it shouldn't matter.

2) Why use them? They charge monthly at different levels. If you want a direct-booking type listing site, why not use the free Houfy.com?

JTVRs
Apr 23, 2019 7:13 PM

I looked for my small town and vacation rentals. Tripz is #17 on the page (last) and then of course, you are listed there along with everyone else. Don't see any value in paying to be there. Probably better spending that money on google or bing adwords for your VRs specifically!

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 24, 2019 1:18 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

I have been listed for free a couple of years. 0 inquires or bookings.

JTVRs
Apr 24, 2019 1:38 PM

There were only about 7 listings in my STATE

JTVRs
Apr 24, 2019 1:42 PM

Tripz or houfy?

Anyway, I think listing on these gnat sites is mostly a distraction. Just HA, AirBNB, Booking.Com, Craigslist maybe TA should be the focus. Everything else eems like noise.

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 30, 2019 12:48 PM

JTVRs said:

Tripz or houfy?

Anyway, I think listing on these gnat sites is mostly a distraction. Just HA, AirBNB, Booking.Com, Craigslist maybe TA should be the focus. Everything else seems like noise.

houfy has quite a bit of owner involvement/push behind it. Tripz was created (sounds like) by some offshore company just trying to get listings. when they failed to have ppl to subscribe at $299, $199, $99 , they sometimes gave listings for free. Houfy is free from getgo and can be a decent replacement for those who are unable to unwilling to create their own bookable site.

JTVRs
May 1, 2019 12:32 PM

Yea, I definitely plan being on houfy. I want at least to be on one significant listing site that supports direct booking.

Paul W
May 2, 2019 9:16 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

I wanted to add my two cents... I've seen rentals on Tripz now for many years that have yet to get a single lead from it. Of course, the leads could have happened without realizing it (because there's not a good way to measure that click traffic). Houfy is the same way. HomeEscape as well. However, we like the Houfy and HomeEscape teams a lot because they're the last major independent old-school listing sites out there and both teams have spent a *lot* lot time building out their systems. We've asked Houfy to do a direct API integration and will commit resources to it if/when they are able. They've agreed to do it but we haven't been able to get it off the ground yet. On your side, press on Houfy and HomeEscape to do an API integration with OR and then your content/rate/rules will be a lot easier to manage. ECBYO is in planning stages as well.

BlueMtnCabins
May 2, 2019 9:42 AM

i like houfy esp since it allows to upload ownerrez rates spreadsheet. a lot of owner support and enthusiasm behind it. i am more passive lister as i chose to dedicate my efforts to my own site/marketing. but folks who do not have or wish to build their own website see, to be very avid users and use houfy listing in place of their website.