Experience the difference of "Elite".

Triggered Emails

Stacy S
Apr 4, 2019 10:35 AM
Joined Feb, 2019 31 posts

Now that I'm comfortable that my lease agreement is working well and I can collect online signatures, I'd like to trigger it anytime a booking comes in. When I go to email triggers, the form field doesn't allow me to choose anything. (It's blank but has arrows like it should be populated. Is that a feature that's in a different plan than I might have or is there something else to set to allow those to pull in?

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 4, 2019 11:44 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1116 posts

You need to set up trigger 1st. Trigger should be "as soon as booking is created". But generally, lease gets signed in the process of booking (part of check out process). so unless it is for imported booking., or you need to get it resigned again, why do you need a trigger to send it?

Stacy S
Apr 4, 2019 12:13 PM

Ah, yes, most of my bookings are imported. (For now) I was hoping to have it automatically send when the booking imports. It's not a big deal as I just go click a button to send it after a reservation comes in but trying to automate as much as possible. :-) Thanks!

BlueMtnCabins
Apr 4, 2019 12:25 PM
Joined Jun, 2016 1116 posts

You can. You need to 1. set up an email template that you cna copy from "send lease to guests" system template. But five it a name, such as "SENDRA" or whatever you like. 2. You need to set up a trigger under Automation - email triggers. condition - as soon as booking is created and specify your "SENDRA" in what to send box. done.

Stacy S
Apr 5, 2019 11:14 AM

Thank You! It looks like I created the custom template under the wrong area. Set up a new one under triggered and it looks like I'm set! Appreciate the help!

Paul W
Apr 11, 2019 9:14 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 826 posts

Thanks, BlueMtnCabins, for providing answers!

Stacy, as BlueMtnCabins pointed out, make sure that the trigger is only sent for import bookings. On the trigger, set the booking criteria to only go out for Listing Sites = Airbnb, VRBO, HomeAway, etc. That way it will not be sent on direct/personal bookings.