Experience the difference of "Elite".

Filters for iCal export links

Chris L
Mar 16, 2019 6:02 PM
Joined May, 2017 199 posts

Hi, is there any way to export an iCal feed that *only* contains my direct bookings through OwnerRez?

On a third-party service I'm syncing my listings to, this would let me add OwnerRez bookings to the service without ending up with a bunch of duplicated stays.

Paul W
Mar 18, 2019 8:40 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Chris,

At the moment, no. That's been asked for and it's something we're considering. For the record, it does not matter if the channel imports back in bookings that contain their own booking. It will sometimes show a double stripe under a booking because OwnerRez is blocking the same dates, but it doesn't hurt anything or cause any negative consequences.

Courtney D
Jan 23, 2023 7:32 AM
Joined Feb, 2021 2 posts

Hey there! It's now 2023 and I'm still seeing this same issue.  Is there a way around it? I really only want to see in my vrbo and airbnb calendars the blocks/bookings from ownerrez and not the duplicate it's creating. 

Ken T
Jan 23, 2023 11:12 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

After discussions with Vrbo, they aren't going to do anything from their end, and the general consensus is that it's not a good idea to have a special iCal export that doesn't include Vrbo bookings.  The possible consequences of getting the wrong export would be double bookings, whereas the current functionality just looks odd but doesn't actually hurt anything.  In any case, using the API is recommended and gets rid of this problem, although we do realize that at present not all clients are able to use the API, but we're pushing Vrbo on those issues that prevent that.

So to sum up - no, no changes are planned from either end.

Courtney D
Jan 23, 2023 12:02 PM
Joined Feb, 2021 2 posts

Thank you! 

It's time for me to look at the APIs...