Experience the difference of "Elite".

Setting up a new unit - what sequence to follow

Rich S
Mar 10, 2019 4:22 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

If I want to add another unit, what should I do first
a) set up on VRBO/AirBnB and then in OR where I can import lots of info?
b) set up in OR and then after I get VRBO setup, import/overwrite info?

I'm not quite ready to spend the time on VRBO yet, maybe in a few weeks, and the rentals will only start May 1st. Just want to avoid having to input information first in OR and then again in VRBO

Paul W
Mar 12, 2019 8:56 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Good question. I'd set it up in OwnerRez but not the listing content (descriptions, amenities, photos, location stuff). Then put a basic property record in place so that you can play with it and get rates right or whatever else. Then later fill out your VRBO listing and import that into OwnerRez. If you move to our HomeAway API coming up, we can push your OwnerRez property data into VRBO directly and it will drive your listings.

Sarah H
Jul 5, 2019 10:01 AM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

Working on something somewhat similar. We will be purchasing 3 properties that are on VRBO. I will want to import them if possible and then push them to other locations. Is there functionality that would automate any of that? We would have 6 properties on VRBO at that time, if that matters. These are existing listings, if that matters. Appreciate the help!

Chris Hynes
Jul 5, 2019 6:02 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

You can import the listing content using the Import from HomeAway/VRBO button at the top of the Properties area. Make sure to pick "update existing property" if you've already got a property created in OwnerRez so it doesn't duplicate.

You can also import booking details (guest info, charges, payments) using our channel bridge tool: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/channel-bridge