Experience the difference of "Elite".

email address not verified

Cathleen C
Mar 5, 2019 12:50 PM
Joined Aug, 2018 23 posts

Why is my email address not verified? When I go to settings, theming, account theme, it shows my email address is not verified. How does my email address get verified? Thanks.

Paul W
Mar 5, 2019 10:51 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

HI Cathleen,

By default, all outbound email that OwnerRez sends on your behalf (from you to your guests) is addressed from a FROM address that looks like that but the REPLY-TO address is your actual email address. This is to meet certain web standards and make sure the email is delivered to the inbox (not the spam folder) at a higher rate.

You can join a "Verified Sender" program if you configure certain DNS records and then we'll be able to set your FROM address to your actual email address. Let me know if you want more information about joining that program - it's free, just takes some configuration.

Cathleen C
Mar 6, 2019 3:57 PM

Thanks Paul; I'm interested. Question, who does the configuration, OwnerRez or myself?

Chris Hynes
Mar 7, 2019 7:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

We both do -- we'll send you directions to update your DNS to authorize us as an allowed email provider for your email address. Once you do that, we'll set the FROM on our end so the email starts flowing that way.

One requirement is that you need to use a private or business email address instead of a Gmail one. In other words, you can do this:

misty@mycabins.com

but not:

misty@gmail.com

This is because you have to own, or be able to control, the domain name so that you can set DNS records in place. This is a technical requirement of being a Verified Sender and it helps with deliverability (not having messages go to the Spam folder).

Do you have access to a business or private email address that you can use? If so, email us at help@ownerreservations.com and we'll get the process started.

Cathleen C
Mar 9, 2019 12:55 PM

Thanks Chris; I'll be in touch. I need to set up a mail account with Siteground for my domain name.