Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quickbooks

Music City Mag
Mar 5, 2019 2:23 AM
Joined Feb, 2019 1 post

How do I pull in the host fees I see in OwnerRez from my channel manager imports into Quickbooks correctly?

Paul W
Mar 5, 2019 10:58 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

The fees do not push over at the moment. That is coming - we have that on our QB To Do list - but at the moment only charges and payments get synced across. We recommend syncing payments to "Undeposited Funds" and then manually creating Deposit records in QB with the appropriate payments and fees to match your bank statements.

Mitch F
Jul 14, 2021 6:50 PM
Joined May, 2021 1 post

Did you guys build a solution to this?

Chris Hynes
Jul 15, 2021 9:39 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

There's not yet an automatic solution, but here's a guide for doing the deposit matchup: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/reconciling-quickbooks-payments-with-deposits-that-have-fees-already-removed

Cole W
Apr 3, 2022 10:15 AM
Joined Sep, 2021 11 posts

Hello,

Checking again if there has been any traction on this. Its a pain point currently for us. Additionally, we would love to see it come across as a line item in the invoice as we have channel fees as a specific account in Quickbooks to track as an expense. Having it as a separate, negative deposit isn't a great solution for us. Right now we're manually creating these line items, but it really hurts the usefulness of this feature.

Thanks!

Miles T
May 8, 2022 5:10 PM
Joined May, 2022 19 posts

How often do you have to manually update these line items in quickbooks?

Cole W
May 8, 2022 5:41 PM

We have to do it once a month at month close, but it can require hours of work depending on the bookings we have. 

Miles T
May 8, 2022 5:47 PM

Makes sense. Do these line items need to be pulled in through ownerrez or can these transactions be accessed outside of ownerrez? I ask because if ownerrez isn't the only platform with access to your charges/transactions, then maybe we can work around ownerrez and solve the issue. 

Miles T
May 8, 2022 5:52 PM

I don't work for ownerrez, but I am a developer so I could help. If you want to talk more about the problem, you can email me: milestuck95@gmail.com

Cole W
May 8, 2022 5:55 PM

Well, honestly we turned off the Quickbooks integration on OwnerRez because we found it was creating more work than it solved for. Additionally, it seemed like kind of an abandoned feature without much support from OwnerRez at the moment.

I've briefly looked at a couple of other companies offering products to automatically sync them but have dismissed them do to cost. I'm a programmer myself, so it's hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars monthly on something I could knock out in a day. 

Miles T
May 8, 2022 6:01 PM

I don't think a feature like this would be hundreds of dollars monthly. What seems like a fair price point to you to have this automated?

Cole W
May 9, 2022 8:43 PM

Well, since I'm a programmer, probably about $3/month in AWS Lambda fees. I understand you're trying to get business here. I'm trying to convey that it's not something I'd be interested in. 

LivingItUpHawaii
Sep 16, 2022 8:59 PM
Joined Jun, 2022 7 posts

Hello, 

Any Updates on the integration with Quickbooks including the negative Airbnb service fee on automated invoice?  ? I would love Use Ownerrez for that for all my platforms payouts and my website. Invoicing could be done in one place. 

Currently I use Bnbtally ( and I love it but having it in one place wold help as well) and they way they solve the problem with Airbnb Service fee they created a part class Airbnb Service Fee  in the Cost Of Service in the chart of accounts.  the amount that comes out in that part class is negative and it does balances the invoice and the payout.  The only thing you have that the Airbnb Fees / Vrbo fees would be under the Cost of doing business not expense account.  

If Ownerez could test that on their side that would be great and it would help a lot of people. 

Airbnb Accounting & Bookkeeping: A Comprehensive Guide (bnbtally.com)

Best Regards,

Anna Noll 

Ocean Zen
Feb 22, 2023 3:25 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Any update on this? How do OR user do proper accounting without a proper sync?

Ocean Zen
Feb 25, 2023 12:48 AM
Joined Jun, 2022 70 posts

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create urgency with addressing Quickbooks Integration / Accounting issues in OR by having all key stakeholders join together to create a louder voice. To do so I have tried to summarize all the open issues in this theme and have created one master feature request that I am asking everyone that would like to see this addressed cast a vote for so we concentrate our voting and allow OR to see the magnitude of the need. I do have some ideas for a rapid resolution but at this time want to focus on identifying and prioritizing the issues/problems and have OR engage in prioritizing this fix.

The comprehensive thread is that this Feature request (full link below). If you feel this is a need PLEASE VOTE. If you have any additions, corrections, or comments please reply and I will try to keep the top post updated.

https://www.ownerrez.com/forums/go/70573

Thank you for your support and lets get a roadmap for this once and for all!!

Manel

Loft&MainCabinCo
Jan 31, 2024 10:11 AM
Joined Feb, 2023 2 posts

How do I batch sync past customers when signing up for Quickbooks? 

Bri
Feb 5, 2024 4:49 PM
OR Team Member Joined Mar, 2022 44 posts

How do I batch sync past customers when signing up for Quickbooks? 

Great question!

When you first turn on QuickBooks integration, it will apply your sync settings to new bookings, but not to old ones.

You can manually turn on the sync for each old booking, but if you have a lot of them, use the Batch Update Bookings for QuickBooks Sync Tool.