Experience the difference of "Elite".

photos?

JTVRs
Feb 28, 2019 9:31 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Is there some magic to how we should put in photos? On my hosted website, I am getting the bottom half of a famous man. Another chops into the picture from all sides. Another is bizarre

Is there some photo editing/editor, some magic sizing, some way that my pictures will work and be as I imagine them?

Can I pick how to display them, so they aren't cropped badly?

The carousel takes a horizontal slice out of the middle of each picture...!

https://www.jimthorpevacationrentals.com/

Jackie N
Mar 1, 2019 3:41 PM
Joined Sep, 2016 13 posts

I have the same question about resizing to fit the carousel. Thanks!

Jackie

JTVRs
Mar 1, 2019 3:55 PM

The carousel looks bad in one way, and the individual photos for each property is bad another way. Tried looking for tool or documentation on site, but find neither. :(

Chris Hynes
Mar 1, 2019 4:00 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

For the carousel to look good in full width view, you need to take separate cuts of the photos and switch it to custom photo mode (vs the property photos it defaults to). Those should be 400 pixels tall and at least 1980 pixels wide.

For example: https://www.shenrent.com/

You could also switch to inline or full page modes on the carousel (we call it "hero unit") and those will show normal aspect ratio photos much better.

For the other photos, it's looking for a 3/2 aspect ratio.

We've got an upcoming dev cycle to add some tooling around this so you'll get a crop tool on the carousel and the property photos will show the original ratio when viewed in full screen.

JTVRs
Mar 1, 2019 5:56 PM

Did I miss an instructional article somewhere? I poked around a bit...

Chris Hynes
Mar 2, 2019 10:05 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

No you didn't miss anything. We need to add some instruction on that to the main article but are waiting until we release the new update so it will be simpler and make more sense.

Daniel C
Nov 16, 2023 9:55 AM
Joined Jul, 2023 3 posts

Am I missing an update to this topic?  Looking for instructional info regarding ideal photo size (pixel) as well as ideal image file size (page loading performance).