Experience the difference of "Elite".

Quick Books Integration

DianneD
Feb 26, 2019 9:50 PM
Joined Oct, 2018 41 posts

Hi all - I'm looking to transfer my existing accounting software from Xero to Quickbooks, so I can take advantage of the OR integration. Can you give me your feedback/input on how you're finding having your business run/managed with QB and OR integrated? Anyting you'd wished you'd known at the beginning etc?

Chris - have you had any issues with the OR and QB integration into Australian businesses?

Thanks in advance :)
Dianne

Paul W
Feb 27, 2019 6:11 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Dianne,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend talking with our friends at Ximplifi Accounting: https://ximplifi.com/

If you'd like, I could make an introduction email to our contacts over there with your info. They know what they're doing and they'll be happy to talk to you about your business and offer suggestions.

Sorry if this sounds like we're avoiding the question, but we like to recommend this now for QB/accounting issues. QB/accounting is a VERY broad subject that entails many different accounting models and issues. You mentioned Australian businesses, but also trust accounting/PM and taxes and many other things. It requires the attention of people that really know accounting well. Ximplifi also knows what OwnerRez can do when it comes to pushing content to QB so they'll know if our QB feature will work for your model.

DianneD
Feb 28, 2019 12:56 AM

Hi Paul
Yes an intro would be good thanks.

Chris Hynes
Mar 2, 2019 10:11 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Sure thing, I just sent over an email.

DianneD
Mar 7, 2019 7:55 PM

Thanks Chris - who is your contact there as I've not heard anything from them. And have also put in a contact request through their website

Chris Hynes
Mar 7, 2019 9:03 PM

The contact over there is Jesse Ehret -- I sent you both an email a couple days back with full contact info, did you get that?

DianneD
Mar 7, 2019 9:52 PM

No I didnt. but I'll follow Jesse up.
In the meantime - In the General settings of the Quickbook Integration - Rent mapping - I want to be able to select more than 1 product, how can I do this?

Chris Hynes
Mar 10, 2019 7:36 AM

Right now you can only map one product/service to rent. We do have a per surcharge product/service mapping.

What would you be using the mapping for? The best way to break things up per property is to use class/location mapping.

DianneD
Mar 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Given that OR doesnt create deposit records in QB what is the best way for us to manage large deposits in advance. Should we raise an invoice for those?

Paul W
Mar 12, 2019 8:54 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

You would create a Deposit record in QB to group together the payments (and fees) that settled together. So your payments should be pushed to QB with "Undeposited Funds" as the bank account. And then you'd have a deposit in QB that grabs all the payments that are part of that deposit and their fees so that the deposit total matches what came in on your bank transactions/feed.