Experience the difference of "Elite".

Travel Insurance

JTVRs
Feb 24, 2019 2:00 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

OK, I poked through a little of the Travel Insurance feature and documentation. It seems to accompany Quotes. I have a few questions:

1) I wanted to put this in my legal agreement. Is there a summary or link I can put in the agreement for them to review? I already mention the wisdom of getting Travel Insurance a few times, and would like to put something in.
2) Does this work at all with Booking via the big OTAs? Such as during the Booking or after the fact can I offer it? Separately?
3) Does this only appear in a Quote, or also during the actual Booking pathway as an option (thinking the Hosted website here)?

I am looking at my hosted website and do not see a place to elect the damage waiver or travel insurance. Can that be connected easily?

JTVRs
Feb 26, 2019 9:14 PM

I can't put the URLs to your Travel Guard in my agreement or correspondence (for them to look at), because they are practically gibberish:

https://cdn.orez.io/wcnv/docs/Travel%20Insurance%20-%20Policy.pdf?v=3b9a2f2f6e9aa9069d237cc1f44e9c171d4a6480

https://cdn.orez.io/wcnv/docs/Travel%20Insurance%20-%20Overview.pdf?v=d76c35b091f6419ede5d4e554e86a750fa83553f

Paul W
Feb 27, 2019 6:07 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Yes, you can use it for channel bookings. Just sent a trigger to them (either at time of booking, or a day after or whenever) and up-sell it as something they should consider adding. There is a field code you can use to embed the Travel INsurance link for their booking dynamically in email templates.

It appears in the booking (from websites - Book Now, etc) as well, yes

It also appears at the end of the renter agreement signing process as something they should consider. That way if you've sent them a POC/signed agreement link or email after coming from a channel, they hit it right there too.

We're going to be adding a full page interstitial (as an option) in the quote/booking process as well so that the guest is presented with it as an option like:

"I want to select:"

- All season/normal insurance
- Cancel for any reason insurance
- No insurance - I understand that I won't get any money back and the risk is entirely on me

Something like that. The idea is to put it in their face that without insurance they are risk of zero refund. We've seen this technique done elsewhere and it helps to drive home the cancellation policy in a very frank way.

Those travel insurance document/links... You don't have to show the raw URL. You could use a hyperlink where the word is [Travel insurance policy summary] and link goes to that URL. Use the link menu on the editor to build a link out of it.

JTVRs
Feb 27, 2019 8:41 PM

Until they discover the ridiculous Extenuating Circumstances from Airbnb. One woman posted that she averages a 5% loss of revenue to this on AirBnB bookings in her area.

I am hoping that even if some people take the travel insurance, it might head off some who might use Ext Circum as a last minute cancellation method.

JTVRs
Feb 27, 2019 9:16 PM

"Those travel insurance document/links... You don't have to show the raw URL. You could use a hyperlink where the word is [Travel insurance policy summary] and link goes to that URL. Use the link menu on the editor to build a link out of it."

Why don't you put one link to those somewhere in your default legal agreement? I just added in this in several places in my version:

We are not "insured" for your possessions, trip, emergencies or Booking; it is strongly recommended you purchase appropriate travel insurance [Travel insurance policy summary] - this will appear in our correspondence with you.

Paul W
Feb 28, 2019 9:10 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Good idea

E & R Vacation R
Mar 2, 2020 11:38 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 56 posts

Did you add this option? The guest can choose which level? I don't see it.

Gatlinburg Mount
Jul 26, 2020 10:22 AM
Joined Jun, 2020 3 posts

I use the email template which includes the language for travel insurance. But when the email goes to a Booking.com reservation, the link is stripped. So the email no longer indicates a hyperlink.

How do I include a link that is not stripped through channel manager?