Experience the difference of "Elite".

Amenities

JTVRs
Feb 16, 2019 11:54 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Does "Minimum Age Limit for Renters" mean the youngest allowed in the unit or the youngest age of the responsible party (Payer/Booker)?

What duration is "Long Term Renters" mean?

what is the difference between internet and wifi?

For washer and dryer(and other) boxes If the checkbox not selected, does comment text appear anywhere?

What is a "Holiday Complex"? anything like an Inferiority Complex :) Seriously, though...

Why is there HomeAway and TripAdvisor columns at the top of amenities and not AirBnB?

JTVRs
Feb 17, 2019 12:15 AM

Can you add the following option to the Property Type dropdown: Event Center/Conference Room

People very much are interested in holding events at a VR, and most don't allow it I have a separately bookable 1,000 foot space (former studio) in my building, and can offer it separately or in concert with booking a vacation rental(s). Even if OTAs don't do that, it could be done from my hosted website...

JTVRs
Feb 21, 2019 10:10 AM

?

BlueMtnCabins
Feb 22, 2019 9:22 AM
Joined Jun, 2016 1115 posts

You can put explanation into minimum age for renters. In my case it is PRIMARY renter who has to be 25 and the one providing ID and signing rental agreement. So i specify min age 25 and provide explanation in the field comment. You cna do as you lease - if you want everyone to be 25, then just put it in field comments. I personally see no reason to reject a group if, for example, husband is 25 and wife is 23.

JTVRs
Feb 22, 2019 10:35 AM

The minimum age of the person renting crossed my mind, in reality, I think this field should be titled minimum age of responsible party. Shouldn't have to think about its meaning?

Chris Hynes
Feb 22, 2019 11:28 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Those things on the amenities page are primarily for syncing out to channel integrations. On the OwnerRez side they're informational only and don't attach to any specific rules.

That's also why the property types are as they are -- those are the types that HA and TA support. We don't update Air listings yet, but when we do we'll add a dropdown for Airbnb as well.

Internet is any sort of internet including wired internet. Wifi is just that specific wifi.

When you put a comment on the amenity, it'll show on the hosted website.

For the event center, mark it as "events allowed". For stuff like that and also minimum age, the details would go in the text fields and then perhaps in your renter agreement. Again, there's no way for us to enforce that on the channels so it's informational and then a source of record for a reason to reject a booking if you need to.