Experience the difference of "Elite".

Day of week email trigger

Glenn Moore
Feb 13, 2019 1:14 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

Hi, I know this is a somewhat specific request, but is there a chance to enhance the email triggers such that it triggers an email on a specific day (or days) of the week for a booking? I like to remind guests to take the outside garbage pails to the road for Friday mornings. Depending on the booking, they may be staying over several Fridays. I have an email template that reminds them to take the pails to the road but I have to manually send it every Thursday while renters are there. It would be so great if OR simply sent this email out however many times for a booking - if the booking covers one or more Thursdays. I can think of a few other emails to send out (ie the pool guy comes every Monday morning....etc).

I find the email triggers to be one of the most useful features of OR!

Glenn

Glenn Moore
Mar 2, 2019 1:59 PM
Joined Nov, 2012 78 posts

I guess this question/request did not deserve a response from anyone. Sadly it seems to be the only topic among many that was posted in the last few weeks that did not get a single response. How embarrassing!

Glenn

Paul W
Mar 2, 2019 8:08 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Sorry, Glenn. It wasn't ignored on purpose, I promise!

There isn't a way to do that currently, as you already know, but it's something we've kicked around internally. It's difficult to create a scheduled time for that. We'd have to say trigger off of "middle of the stay" and a certain day of week. Other users have use cases for this too, so it's on the radar.

Michael D
Dec 6, 2020 5:37 PM
Joined Oct, 2019 54 posts

Yes, this would be a useful enhancement. We too want to remind the guest to take trash cans out on a specific day.

Val Rogers
Dec 17, 2020 10:42 AM
Joined Oct, 2016 33 posts

I created a trash reminder template and when I get a booking for the property where the guest is staying over trash day I manually schedule the reminder email to be sent to them the night before the trash pick up day.

It is still a manual step, but at least I can take care of it when the booking is first created and don't have to remember every Thursday to send a reminder to the guest to put out the trash on Friday.

Doug D
Mar 6, 2021 12:23 AM
Joined Jan, 2020 16 posts

I would also love this feature for the exact same reason! Garbage day!

Paradise Rentals
Mar 10, 2021 8:08 PM
Joined Oct, 2020 3 posts

I too am in need of this trigger! I usually send manually, but I was in the hospital for an
emergency stay and due to the circumstances, the message didn't get sent last week. Ugh!
Has anything been done to address this yet?

Ken T
Jun 29, 2021 10:41 AM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1473 posts
Wren Beach Renta
Aug 2, 2022 8:13 PM
Joined Nov, 2017 4 posts

I would like to see this as I have the same issue.  I can trigger once a booking is created, but I would like to send out a reminder email the day before trash pick up.  Simply adding in the trigger field "a day of the week" seems reasonable.  Any update on this?

Christine S
Aug 4, 2022 11:41 AM
Joined Jun, 2021 6 posts

I created a template email and then added a scheduled email when guests book. You can schedule it for the specific day there