Experience the difference of "Elite".

OR Integration with Device Counting Devices like Party Squasher

North Bend Escap
Feb 12, 2019 5:27 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 26 posts

Has OR considered integration with a mobile device counting sensor like Party Squasher? I think Party Squasher already has integrations with Airbnb, VRBO, and Booking.com. If you have considered, what are your thoughts on solutions you might recommend?

Randy

Paul W
Feb 13, 2019 10:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Never heard of that before. Brilliant little tool! No promises, but I did fire off an email to them and ask if they have integration options. That might be a cool stat to show on bookings - how many devices showed up at the house. Of course with all the IoT devices out there, each guest might really have more than 1 device. Watch, phone, laptop - all from one physical person. I suppose this device might be able to delineate those things.

North Bend Escap
Feb 13, 2019 12:33 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 26 posts

They claim to be able to most of the time ignore things like iPads, AppleTVs, etc. In their support articles there is one about copying calendar links from Airbnb and VRBO into the Party Squasher mobile app. I wonder if the same thing would work for OwnerRez? There must be a way to match the party squasher sensor to a specific property. Don't know how it would work for multiple sensors and properties.

Randy

JTVRs
Feb 13, 2019 4:06 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

I looked at that, my problem is I have two adjacent townhomes and a large building with five apartments. I highly doubt it's something that Khalid devices in a densely populated area would be of much help. That seems appropriate for out in the sticks. I did get a noise aware, it is currently sitting in a box.