Experience the difference of "Elite".

Digital Signatures on Rental Contracts

Stacy S
Feb 12, 2019 3:39 PM
Joined Feb, 2019 31 posts

I was able to get my contract set up with the correct fields pulling from the reservation but I cannot figure out how to make digital signatures work and how to send the contract out to my renter directly from the system. Are there any pages that detail those specific items?

Thanks for any help!

Paul W
Feb 13, 2019 10:38 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi again Stacy, sorry for the lack of support articles on the subject! One of our major goals for 2019 is correcting that.

Basically, the renter agreement is presented to the guest one of two ways:

1) For direct bookings (when viewing/accepting a quote or the guest books through your website) the guest is shown your renter agreement as one of the pages in the booking workflow. The fill in POC info, read and sign the agreement, make payment and so on. The booking is then created and the renter agreement is stamped into a PDF and the signature applied and the PDF is stored on their booking under the Legal tab and Files.

2) For channel or imported bookings, you can go to the Legal tab under the booking and use the Request button to send them a link to the agreement to sign. Every booking has a unique link. You can also automate this by creating email templates and triggers to ask the guest to sign (with that unique link) right after the booking is imported.

You can use the Legal tab of the booking > Request button to send the guest a URL to sign at any time even if they already signed one before.

Paul W
Feb 13, 2019 10:42 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Stacy, also check this support article out. Forgot we had this one:

https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/renter-legal-agreements