Experience the difference of "Elite".

How to test stripe intergration with ownerrez?

John Z
Feb 9, 2019 11:03 AM
Joined Aug, 2017 2 posts

I setup an account with stripe recently. I would like to test that it is setup properly in ownerrez, ie that the money actually gets into my bank account. Is there a way to do this?

Should I create a $1 booking and pay for it to verify the money gets to my account?

I am sure someone else must have done something like this before.

Chris Hynes
Feb 9, 2019 7:41 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

Yep, doing a $1 booking and paying is the best way to do it -- that way you exercise everything. There is also a test button on the payment method itself that makes sure the credentials are right but it doesn't verify that the account is fully ready for processing.

Also heads up if it's a new account you'll have to go to the Stripe settings and grant us permissions to store cards on file: https://www.ownerrez.com/support/articles/stripe-process-payments-unsafely-setting

John Z
Feb 18, 2019 10:03 AM
Joined Aug, 2017 2 posts

Thanks Chris. My test should complete tomorrow with the money being deposited into the bank account.

I came across another question. I added a damage deposit to be included with my quotes so that a renter that pays by check see the $500 damage deposit as well. I think if the person ends up paying via credit card, they will be charged the $500 damage deposit and an additional $500 hold will be placed on their credit card. Is there a way to only include the $500 damage deposit in the charges area if they are paying via check?