Experience the difference of "Elite".

Security Deposit release problem

Floridaloha
Feb 6, 2019 7:32 AM
Joined Mar, 2016 56 posts

Hi, I have an issue with a security deposit release and can't find a solution. I need to release a deposit (according to OwnerRez) and when I tried to do so, I was given an error message that the credit card company denied the transaction (release). The guest had used this card for his reservation deposit, but not to pay his final balance for his stay. I spoke to the guest, and he could not find any evidence that the $250 amount was held on his credit card account as was shown on my OwnerRez page (it showed that on Dec. 31 the hold was put on the card.) Furthermore he can't see any charge made to his account for the $250. So my assumption is that this hold didn't happen, or if it did, it's no longer on the record for that card. The problem is that I am getting multiple notices from OwnerRez to release this deposit, and the screen gives me no option to say that we've taken care of it and nothing more needs be done. Can you help? Thanks!

Paul W
Feb 6, 2019 9:06 AM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

On the release page, if it fails to release, it will show you a Mark As Released button. Click that and it will force-release it in the system. If you can send us a ticket privately, we'll look into this specific instance and why the transaction may not have shown up.