Experience the difference of "Elite".

Remember to block trigger emails if you send them manually...

Rich S
Jan 24, 2019 10:48 AM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Just a tip for something I just learned ...

Yesterday I created a booking in OR and purposely left the 'send create triggers' unchecked because I wanted to send emails manually. To my surprise today the trigger emails were both sent again. Digging around OR I realized what I should have done...

Instead of sending the email from the top of the email screen by picking the template I wanted, I should have scrolled towards the bottom and clicked the send button there. Or at least click the "-Skip" button if I needed to send/modify the template.

Just a small thing and obvious in hindsight...

Paul W
Jan 24, 2019 1:14 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Good tip, Rich. Yes trigger emails will try again the next day if the "try again" option is set for missed triggers.

In general, triggers are kind of temperamental and hard to control because they tend to want to be stopped/paused at certain times that don't line up the same for every user. You might want to stop them on a certain booking, but only for that booking, and then resume it again later when you've checked something. But in general you may also want to have triggers try again every day until they work if it's a criteria-based reason that they were paused (eg. renter agreement not signed yet). It's something we're continuing to work on.