Experience the difference of "Elite".

OwnerRez - Resort Cleaning App Interface Details

North Bend Escap
Jan 20, 2019 11:54 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 26 posts

Where would be a good place to start to understand the details of how OwnerRez and ResortCleaningApp interface? The ResortCleaningApp website is not very informative without setting up a personal demo. I was hoping you might have some inside info. Also, how expensive is the ResortCleaning App?

Paul W
Jan 24, 2019 2:01 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the delay in responding. My first thought is - you'd need to ask ResortCleaning that! I'm sure that's not the answer you're looking for. 🤪

Let me reach out to my contacts on that side and get back to you. They developed the integration on that side, using our API, so we don't have docs on that. I believe that if you connect it (on their side) they basically pull in your bookings when they happen and you'll see bookings appearing in their app automatically which you can then schedule cleanings for and so on.

North Bend Escap
Jan 26, 2019 2:15 PM

Hi Paul,

Thanks, that sounds great. No issue with the delay. We're working on the PM and finance stuff at the moment. At some point within the next month, we'll need to set up a demo with them and get a free trail as their website (probably on purpose) contains very little real information. We thought that we'd check what you know first about the interface before going that route since OwnerRez has recommended them. Any idea how pricey they are going to be?

Chris Hynes
Jan 26, 2019 5:30 PM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

OK, great.

Yep, I believe it's $1/booking.

North Bend Escap
Jan 27, 2019 12:24 AM

$1 per booking seems like an awful lot. Does the price go down the more units you have like with OwnerRez? Has OwnerRez tried integrating with cheaper options for cleaning apps?

North Bend Escap
Jan 29, 2019 3:06 PM

We decided to try the 30 day free trial with ResortCleaning app. Is there anything that has to be done on the OwnerRez side for the connection to work? We found a setting on the cleaning app side to hook up to an OR property using the ORP name.

Randy

Tim K
Jan 29, 2019 5:13 PM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

Randy, Can you confirm the pricing? Is it $1 per booking (ie per cleaning). Is that charged to the owner? Is there a fee for the cleaner? I'm looking for a better way to coordinate with my cleaners for my 2 units.....something better than emailing them a list of cleaning dates and times updating it as more come in.

North Bend Escap
Jan 30, 2019 12:39 AM

Hi Tim,

Yes, the price is 99 cents per booking (cleaning). It doesn't matter how big the property is or how much the cleaning costs. You have the choice of the owner paying or the cleaner paying depending on how you set it up. We are still learning. Going to have a demo on Friday using one of our live properties. Jim Duncan is the contact at Resort Cleaning. He has been quite helpful so far.

Randy

Paul W
Jan 30, 2019 4:34 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

Randy, we haven't partnered with any other cleaning apps specifically, but they could have used our API and built in integration on their end without us knowing. Jim and the guys at ResortCleaning are pretty good so we haven't felt the need to branch out or look for other partnerships in that area. You might want to ask other housekeeping apps if they integrate with OR to see if they've used our API.

North Bend Escap
Jan 30, 2019 4:59 PM

We're warming up to the Resort Cleaning app as we learn more about what it does for the price. I think we'll see where we are after the demo and 30 day trial.

Randy

Tim K
Jan 30, 2019 5:44 PM
Joined Jul, 2017 71 posts

Please share your thoughts. I only do 20-30 rentals a year so for $20-30 it may be worth it to me just to be able to coordinate my cleaners more efficiently/automatically.

I emailed them for more info...

Tim

Rich S
Jan 31, 2019 1:04 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Same request - for a fee like $1 per cleaning it's a no brainer for us to use this, but our cleaning person cleans 20 units and we are just 2 of them.

But if it's handy to the cleaner I be she'll get other owners on board with the app as well. Keep us informed please !!

North Bend Escap
Feb 1, 2019 12:23 AM

Demo is tomorrow, we'll let you know how it and the trial period goes. And yes, your cleaners would benefit from being on the app assuming that their other customers are on it or there are other property owners in your area also using the app.

Lisa PAGBeachHou
Feb 6, 2019 11:48 AM
Joined Feb, 2018 10 posts

how did it go the cleaning thing is a nightmare for me every week/ day I get a booking on airbnb alone I have over 250 bookings a year let alone the other websites i manage so this would help tremendously

North Bend Escap
Feb 8, 2019 6:00 PM

Hi Lisa,

The demo went well. Resort Cleaning is a little complicated but it also does a lot so I would recommend looking into it if you have time. It integrates not only with OR but also Airbnb ad other calendars. After the free trial, the cost is 99 cents per completed transaction. Jim Duncan is our contact there and he's been very helpful as well as responsive to questions. We are currently testing it out for one of our properties and it is going well so far. Housekeepers use an app to check in and check out and you can also assign and inspector to come in after housecleaning is done. Lots of places for photos and instructions before and after.

Randy

Novation Propert
Feb 24, 2019 11:56 AM
Joined Feb, 2019 1 post

The app is free. I have a couple of vacation condos in Myrtle Beach and will be doing the 30-day free trial to see if there are more efficiencies between my cleaning person and me. Right now she cleans 5 condos in the same complex and depends on me updating a spreadsheet with each booking. This method is archaic and I believe that the resort app will demonstrate a more streamlined option. We'll share our thoughts along the way.

Joe - Novation Property Management

Rich S
Aug 5, 2019 6:09 PM
Joined Dec, 2018 301 posts

Anyone using the ResortCleaning app successfully?

Sarah H
Aug 11, 2019 11:52 PM
Joined Jul, 2019 109 posts

I have the app and I am need to get back to working on it. We added a few properties over the summer, and the initial thought was to get those up and going. Right now I am dealing with having two overwhelmed cleaners. I am outsourcing the laundry and I want them to focus their time more efficiently. I want to use the app so I can give them specific checklists and ask for validation that these items have been reviewed and cleaned to standard. Will be happy to keep folks updated. I have been signed up for maybe 2-3 weeks but have not processed any cleanings through there. Not at a fault to the app or to Mr Duncan. I will reach back out to him and update this thread.

Joshua L
Mar 18, 2022 11:43 AM
Joined Dec, 2021 4 posts

I have some questions on how this works as well.  I had a booking scheduled via AirBNB API that the dates were modified.  Is this booking change supposed to get automatically pushed to Resort Cleaning?  If so, this wasn’t the case for me, I had to manually adjust it.

Second, I am considering combining two properties using the adjacent properties/mutual blocking feature within Owner Rez,  does this get pushed to Resort Cleaning as two separate cleanings?  Do I have the option to push it as one or two based on how my cleaner charges me?

Ken T
Mar 18, 2022 12:03 PM
OR Team Member Joined Aug, 2019 1472 posts

Please write in to the Helpdesk with the ORB number of that booking.  You should also reach out to Resort Cleaning to investigate.  I do not believe we push changes to them, but booking status and parameters are available for them to poll.