Experience the difference of "Elite".

Pricelabs

JTVRs
Jan 20, 2019 10:34 PM
Joined Jun, 2018 385 posts

Now that you have integrated with Pricelabs, I'm curious if you or anyone who may be using it can comment on whether things are working as expected and were there any idiosyncrasies that we might need to be aware of?

Paul W
Jan 24, 2019 2:09 PM
OR Team Member Joined Jun, 2009 825 posts

From the app side of things...

Seems to be smooth overall. Their servers write to ours a couple times per day as needed. We have found them easy and straightforward to work with.

There is one thing that they are working on fixing. You need to have a "baseline rate" in OR first before their first sync/integration can kick off. Some users pointed out where they were getting a message "no availability for 365 days" or something like that. What that actually means is that PriceLabs was connecting to their OR account and not able to get a baseline RATE for a year and so they couldn't sync and their code bails out. As long as you provide some basic nightly/season rates, they'll take it from there and start writing in spot rates.

Valerie R
Jan 18, 2020 4:40 PM
Joined Sep, 2019 119 posts

JTVRs said:

Now that you have integrated with Pricelabs, I'm curious if you or anyone who may be using it can comment on whether things are working as expected and were there any idiosyncrasies that we might need to be aware of?

I'm giving PriceLabs a try and have integrated my PriceLabs account with my OR account.

The issue I'm having is that the PriceLabs rates are not being displayed on my VRBO calendar. The PriceLab rates ARE being calculated on my VRBO listing, but the resulting price is NOT what the guest is seeing on VRBO.

I had a call today from a guest who questioned why the quote they were being given was $1300 more per week than the advertised rate?

This is not good.

I suspect the answer is that the PriceLab rates are coming in to OR as "spot rates", but my OR API integrated VRBO account is displaying my seasonal rates. I need to know what the fix is for this? Should I remove my OR seasonal rates?

Chris Hynes
Jan 23, 2020 6:34 AM
OR Team Member Joined Oct, 2012 1400 posts

I answered on another post, but the spot rates will override any seasonal rates. Either VRBO needs 24 hours to update rates or there's something not configured in price consistency on that end.

If you're still seeing issues, email the details over to help@ownerreservations.com and we'll have a look.

Donna C
Aug 3, 2022 12:27 AM
Joined May, 2022 3 posts

Hi, John here (Donna's husband).

Two questions:

1.  Some VRBO listings show prices on the calendar and some don't.  VRBO support seems to think this is a glitch and all listings should show prices.  Does anyone know what causes calendar prices to disappear on VRBO?

2.  PriceLabs sets prices all over the map, different for every day.  I'm glad they're so smart about it, but in our beachfront market it seems like we're the only listing with inconsistent pricing from day to day.  It's a weekly rental, so guests expect an unchanging price, at lease for a week at a time.  Can anyone offer suggestions of a fix while still using PriceLabs automation?

Thanks and Best.

John